Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I had thought that next season in the Championship would be the first season in a long time where Gabby could be useful for us.  But having seen his new girth, I think even that's beyond him.  He's done.  Even Championship defenders would handle him now.

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

I had thought that next season in the Championship would be the first season in a long time where Gabby could be useful for us.  But having seen his new girth, I think even that's beyond him.  He's done.  Even Championship defenders would handle him now.

2E0C361000000578-0-image-m-4_14465011019

I do not think the club should take no action...at the very least he should be stripped of the title of club captain and warned about his future behaviour.....sends out the wrong message!  I was beginning to think our new board were doing things right but this shows nothing really is going to change.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

What was the investigation for? 

His holiday to Dubai? Seems a bit of a strange one 

Read between the lines. They were trying to find an excuse to sack him

Why would Gabby be "suspended" and Micah nothing when they are in the same photo? Because of some shish?

Nobody on here knows what was said to our club captain behind closed doors though.

We cannot prove it but we think it best you look for another club as soon as possible because you done here.....

Or sorry Gabby, you did nothing wrong your back in the managers plans for saturday.

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

I bet if we were offered the chance to buy performance enhancing drugs, we'd turn it down and go for a cheaper option, ending up with somebody like Dr Nick.

We'd probably buy some untested drugs from France that no-one had ever heard of but we were confident looked promising.

Then when they didn't have any effect, the people who bought the drugs would be sacked.

Anyhow, back on topic to Gabby.

I could never see how they would have a discipline case against him. If they did, about two thirds of the players in the premier league would be sacked.

Is it excessively cynical to see this as a diversionary tactic to try to placate the fans and divert them from getting their banners out on 74?

37 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I could never see how they would have a discipline case against him.

They didn't, they just had to go through the motions because he managed to get himself in the papers. The club had to be seen to be taking action as otherwise there would be media outcry that Villa weren't taking action about the "bad behaviour" of one of their players who was pictured smoking.

3 hours ago, Richard said:

I'm hopeful we will flog him in the summer to some MLS team or better yet the chinese league looking to spunk millions on a former England international 

Only a top notch salesman could keep a straight face whilst trying to pull that one off ;)

Sadly i think the only way we're going to get rid will be in the form of a payoff. There won't be many (if any) people willing to pay him £60k a week, and Gabby certainly wont take a pay cut. As he effectively retired from the game about 5yrs ago, money it seems is the only thin he's interested in. 

57 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I will judge the next manager entirely on how they handle Gabby.

Call me old fashioned but I'm going to judge him on results not on how he handles one, albeit hugely overweight and useless, semi retired footballer.

Edited by villa89

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Call me old fashioned but I'm going to judge him on results not on how he handles one, albeit hugely overweight and useless, semi retired footballer.

Unfortunately I think the two may be related somewhat

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â