Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What you should be asking is what will rashfords perfromances be like when he makes it to 21 with a few million in the bank and its out a reason to care...

There have been plenty of rashfords and plenty of gabbys in English football over the last ten years

Very true! I suppose Gabby used to run defences raged at one point. With current form though I'd take a few games/months of some form of commitment from a youngster with the risk of him becoming successful and the tribulations which that brings.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

giphy.gif

I wish I could like this twice. One for agreement and one more for the Ari Gold gif.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

Now I'm not Gabbys biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but I heard yesterday that his niece is seriously ill (she's got some pretty serious health issues which look like they are catching up with her) I know that he is really close to her.

I know this isn't a football related post but I wish her all the best and I hope she gets through it ok.

• Like 2

Hmm. Chicken or egg? When Gabby gets the sort of vile, cowardly*, Internet warrior type of abuse he gets on here, can you imagine why he may not be massively motivated to put in a top effort for the club?

* bet none of you guys would dare say this sort of stuff to his face.

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Hmm. Chicken or egg? When Gabby gets the sort of vile, cowardly*, Internet warrior type of abuse he gets on here, can you imagine why he may not be massively motivated to put in a top effort for the club?

Can he read?

However you cut it I think he is part of the past and probably part of the problem so personally I would get rid. Basically he is an overpaid and has woefully underperformed. A striker that scores naff all goals so he is failing in his basic role in the team. The only reason he is getting games is lack of other creditable options.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Why would anybody be afraid to tell him how much he has underperformed? I'm pretty sure he'll know it himself anyway.

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

His career seems to be a mirror image of Villa's declining fortunes. He was pretty good under MON. Not top rate, but he was one of the top strikers in the division.

Some of the best victories we have had in the last 10 years have involved Gabby's pace or goals.

I don't think he necessarily has a poorer attitude than anyone at this level, I just think despite only being 29 he has lost most of what made him compete, he has no other strikers to carry him or anyone in midfield to utilise his fast dwindling pace. He is limited, but can work in a team that plays counter attacking football which we don't, even then I am not sure even if we did, he has the confidence and ability anymore. I don't blame him for being rewarded with a ludicrous contract when he was well on to the decline we see now.

I don't know why Garde plays him with Ayew it makes no sense.

• Like 1

They just picked him out on motd. Meandering around the pitch picking his socks up. **** word removed.

Oh and Briny, because he is paid to and VT does not make up all of Villa's fans. 

Â