Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

6 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Interesting this, and just won't go away. I for one have personally no idea whatsoever who he followed as a youngster, may I ask how you know this purely out of interest and with no agenda?

Mentioned it when did an interview a few years ago with Ashley Young when both was here and both stated they was massive Arsenal fans when growing up

Sure, but where are they supposed to go? If nobody wants them or are not willing to pay them as much/little as Aston Villa, or the club doesn't want to sell to a relegation rival, or..or...or... should the player just hang up his boots or take a pay cut because some supporters are vile against him?

I get you.

No, I don't think they should. Though I do think that if Gabby had a little ambition, a bit more about himself, he'd have found a club an alternative club a long time ago. I'd also expect 100% effort *most* of the time (we all have bad days and weeks) and I don't feel like we've gotten that from Gabby. I say that coming from a position of backing him quite extensively over the years.

I think though, even his most vehement detractor on here would say that the abuse he receives on social media is unacceptable. There's an easy solve to that though.

Abusing him is unacceptable.

However My view is ....He has found a cushion to lie on.

He wouldn't go anywhere else 

1) He doesn't want to, I do believe his heart is with us.....but he has just been caught up in the club paying for mediocrity and gone with it.

2) No other club would be attracted to him.....he has set his stall out.

I don't believe with Gabby's past goal scoring record any other club would have offered a new contract.

He is an epitome of everything Aston Villa.....They are both like a couple of old slippers.

Edited by TRO

On 16/02/2016 at 06:13, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I get you.

No, I don't think they should. Though I do think that if Gabby had a little ambition, a bit more about himself, he'd have found a club an alternative club a long time ago. I'd also expect 100% effort *most* of the time (we all have bad days and weeks) and I don't feel like we've gotten that from Gabby. I say that coming from a position of backing him quite extensively over the years.

I think though, even his most vehement detractor on here would say that the abuse he receives on social media is unacceptable. There's an easy solve to that though.

Social media has become an addiction.Those addicted cannot stay off it.

• 3 weeks later...

Truly horrendous once again, why Garde keeps him in the team is baffling.

He did nothing except one run per half, and after those looked totally exhausted.

Him standing still is infuriating, even his trademark run p****s me off now-

As+much+as+i+love+this+show+some+of+the+

• Like 1

Why he continues to start games at this level is a complete and utter joke

get out of this football club and take the other bunch of losers with you

Edited by AshVilla

Just now, Razor said:

We are going to be stuck with him in the Championship on 60k a week, aren't we

Seriously hope not - but with a new manager in (there's no chance Remi will be here next season - it's doubtful he'll be here next game) Gabby'll be given yet another chance....

That and no other mug would be willing to pay half of what he's earning, let along match ours.

Rashford scores 2 in Europe and 2 against Arsenal whilst on £500 a week for Man Utd. He is now looking at an improved contract of £15,000. Meanwhile Gabby strolling on £65,000 a week..... I just can't work it all out. It's all confusing. Do you not pay for what you get?! I've defended him but I no longer can. Anyway no one will match his wages and he has got years on this deal so he won't make it easy. He has cruised for too long so it about time Sellars and co. we're given a chance.

What you should be asking is what will rashfords perfromances be like when he makes it to 21 with a few million in the bank and its out a reason to care...

There have been plenty of rashfords and plenty of gabbys in English football over the last ten years

• Like 1

Â