Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

i don't think he'd leave the club unless he was forced out. I admire him for his loyalty and I think he's still got the potential to be useful on occasion. But he is by no stretch a starting striker, and barely an impact sub. He's useful cover IMO.

If he took a cut in his wage for the good of the club I'd be happier to have him stay til the end

He took a wage cut when he signed his new deal last season, he said as long as he got to see his career out at Villa he didn't mind what the deal was. In regards to people claiming he'll be gone with Tim in charge, Tim said Benteke and Gabby are the best strike pairing outside the top six, so I don't think he'll be going anywhere until he retires.

Its up to Gabby. If he has a strong season next year I am sure he will be starting regularly again. At present his performances of the last 2 years does not warrant that. If he has had enough and wants to move down to the championship like Weimann and Bent then fair enough. But I can't see any Premier League clubs wanting him at present.

I think Tim likes Gabby style of play and he got the best out of him in some games at start of his reign. His performance at Spurs was his best performance in many a year and unfortunately he got injured in that game

I'd bin him off. He's lived off his local lad come good image for far too long and just doesn't give anywhere near enough back to the club to justify his salary. He's had one good season in the last 5. 

• Like 3

I'd bin him off. He's lived off his local lad come good image for far too long and just doesn't give anywhere near enough back to the club to justify his salary. He's had one good season in the last 5.

Club instead gave him a renewal until 2018. That was a poor move and certainly wasn't based on performances. That should be his last contract here.

TBF, Matt Kendrick does have quite a few good points. I really like Gabby, but he has to show that he's still hungry. Perhaps losing a pound, working on his stamina and adapt a bit of Weimanns general work rate, that will make sure he's much more often in positions that his speed can make a difference. Additionally, by increasing his general threat factor, more room will be available for our other players like Tekkers. Surely, the only right reaction for Gabby would be to take the challenge and prove Hendricks wrong during the upcoming (pre-)season.

Gabby getting a hard time again.

Yes he frustrates, no he isn't Messi. He has though, scored some big goals for us and he actually cares about the Villa. The current squad would be weakened if he left. 

He can hardly be blamed for the amount of money he earns!

Â