Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

The only time I ever see "he's one of us" being mentioned is by people saying that isn't an excuse for poor form.

I think he has things to offer as a player, him being "one of us" is irrelevant to his ability.

Also anyone defending him isn't doing it because he's "one of us" Luke Moore was "one of us" and no one cared much about him leaving, same with Andi Weimann. He offers a lot to the team and he is a dangerous player on his day, he isn't too consistent, but players outside the big teams aren't consistent and if they are they get hoovered up by them before long anyway

Gabby getting a hard time again.

Yes he frustrates, no he isn't Messi. He has though, scored some big goals for us and he actually cares about the Villa. The current squad would be weakened if he left. 

He can hardly be blamed for the amount of money he earns!

And yet this excuse didn't get handed out when Bent was being given a lot of abuse.

Yes he frustrates, no he isn't Messi. He has though, scored some big goals for us and he actually cares about the Villa. The current squad would be weakened if he left. 

And yet this excuse didn't get handed out when Bent was being given a lot of abuse.

Difference is Gabby has played over 300 times for the club, came through our youth system, has always given his all for the club and is currently our highest goalscorer in the Premier League era. Yes, Gabby can be shit at times, and it is sometimes bewildering that he earns so much, but for the stated reasons quite a lot of fans give him a bit of slack, kind of rightly imo.

Although personally I think he can definitely be improved upon, especially as he ages and gets slower, but would still be sad if he left.

Also anyone defending him isn't doing it because he's "one of us" Luke Moore was "one of us" and no one cared much about him leaving, same with Andi Weimann. He offers a lot to the team and he is a dangerous player on his day, he isn't too consistent, but players outside the big teams aren't consistent and if they are they get hoovered up by them before long anyway

Sorry but that's rubbish. Every club can expect a reasonable amount of consistancy from their players. Especially those who earn what Gabby does.

Difference is Gabby has played over 300 times for the club, came through our youth system, has always given his all for the club and is currently our highest goalscorer in the Premier League era. Yes, Gabby can be shit at times, and it is sometimes bewildering that he earns so much, but for the stated reasons quite a lot of fans give him a bit of slack, kind of rightly imo.

Although personally I think he can definitely be improved upon, especially as he ages and gets slower, but would still be sad if he left.

Does he really? I think he goes missing for large parts of the season and puts in some real half-hearted performances. But that's just it, when Gabby does it, it's due to inconsistancy. When someone like N'Zogbia does it, he's a word-removed etc. and should be offloaded immediately.

Edited by Isa

Id rather Bent still here to be honest

lazy yes but bound to get more goals than Gabby and if Benteke was to leave..Uh oh

Every time I see this thread updated or close to th top of the list of threads I always hope it's because someone has made a bid or he'll be leaving. Disappointed to find its not that

If we judge Gabby by his form since Sherwood took over then i think it's fair to say he was a key player until he got injured. If he can stay fit and played in correct position he will be a key player next season and I'm sure dropped in no time if not producing the goods.

For the person who said he would rather have Bent...I'm just lost for words.

• Like 1

i said id of rather of kept Bent.i just always assumed the main purpose of a striker was to score goals

if Bent would of got some service he'd of scored.same with Benteke last season prior to Sherwood taking over

Edited by Villan81

If we judge Gabby by his form since Sherwood took over then i think it's fair to say he was a key player until he got injured. If he can stay fit and played in correct position he will be a key player next season and I'm sure dropped in no time if not producing the goods.

Dropped for who?

As it stands this is a position that needs to be strengthened otherwise we head into next season stating "well we have no one better.."

Every time I see this thread updated or close to th top of the list of threads I always hope it's because someone has made a bid or he'll be leaving. Disappointed to find its not that

Throughout his time with us there has been a complete dearth of clubs wanting him.

Throughout his time with us there has been a complete dearth of clubs wanting him.

I'm sure that's true to an extent, at least any serious enquiries. Early on in his career, when he earned his England call ups, I think there were a few interested parties. But bear in mind that when he was at his best at the time we were good ourselves, there weren't many teams above us so it stands to reason that, seeing as he has never really been good enough for the proper big teams, that interest was fleeting.

I don't think Gabby would ever leave anyway, he IS a big Villa fan and he HAS been picked regularly by every manager since his debut. He's a one club man, I'm not sure why people want to twist that into a negative. Not saying you are doing that by the way Antrim.

Apples and oranges. Bent couldn't even be arsed to keep himself in shape. Piav's description doesn't fit Darren Bent at all.

Dropped for who?

As it stands this is a position that needs to be strengthened otherwise we head into next season stating "well we have no one better.."

Anyone! Sherwood doesn't seem to be the kind of player to not drop somebody who isn't pulling their weight.

i said id of rather of kept Bent.i just always assumed the main purpose of a striker was to score goals

if Bent would of got some service he'd of scored.same with Benteke last season prior to Sherwood taking over

Just no

Dropped for who?

Anyone! Sherwood doesn't seem to be the kind of player to not drop somebody who isn't pulling their weight.
Seems to persist with N'Zogbia.

Dropped for who?

Seems to persist with N'Zogbia.

I was kind of waiting for that one but until the last 3 games of season where pretty much everyone was crap. Did N'Zogbia not pull his weight?

Â