Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Gabby getting a hard time again.

Yes he frustrates, no he isn't Messi. He has though, scored some big goals for us and he actually cares about the Villa. The current squad would be weakened if he left.

He can hardly be blamed for the amount of money he earns!

yes he has scored some big goals for us but whats he done to suggest he cares?

to say he cares about the villa would surely means he gives 100% in every game he players whether it be on ST or Wing?

hes non exsistent in too many games,,goal ratio over each passin season is poor..assists?not checked that

im sorry but i dont get that he cares..yes he does alot for Acorns but i would say the Wage is more appealing to him and giving his kids a good start in life..and fair play to him for doing that i have no problem with him doing that i would just prefer it wasn't wages Aston Villa was paying him

Gabby has scored big goals for us, but so did Weimann and Lowton. We shouldn't use that as a reason to keep him.

FWIW, I actually don't want us to get rid of him, as he's a decent squad player / plan B / outlet, who probably wouldn't moan about being benched if he had better players in front of him. His wages might be high, but with the new tv money, he's probably only getting what players like him would expect to get paid if they moved to a Prem club looking to splash some of this new cash.

Yes he frustrates, no he isn't Messi. He has though, scored some big goals for us and he actually cares about the Villa. The current squad would be weakened if he left.

to say he cares about the villa would surely means he gives 100% in every game he players whether it be on ST or Wing?

hes non exsistent in too many games,,goal ratio over each passin season is poor..assists?not checked that

im sorry but i dont get that he cares..yes he does alot for Acorns but i would say the Wage is more appealing to him and giving his kids a good start in life..and fair play to him for doing that i have no problem with him doing that i would just prefer it wasn't wages Aston Villa was paying him

Gabby has scored big goals for us, but so did Weimann and Lowton. We shouldn't use that as a reason to keep him.

FWIW, I actually don't want us to get rid of him, as he's a decent squad player / plan B / outlet, who probably wouldn't moan about being benched if he had better players in front of him. His wages might be high, but with the new tv money, he's probably only getting what players like him would expect to get paid if they moved to a Prem club looking to splash some of this new cash.

I don't disagree strongly with either post, but he really does get a hard time from the Villa fans. An overly hard time imo.

I don't disagree strongly with either post, but he really does get a hard time from the Villa fans. An overly hard time imo.

He is one of our highest paid players, and has been for a long, long time.

We should be looking to this guy for inspiration but all too often he goes missing.

• Like 1

I suppose the argument and cause for the moans, is that irrespective of whether his wages are in line with what players are currently earning, people will always be able to point to examples of other players on similar or lower wages that would offer us more.

For example: Southampton probably have a number of forwards that are better than Gabby, and on lower wages.

considering how long hes been with us and being a senior player and then reading crap like hes hes mr Villa etc he doesn't do enough.his place should be given to someone more hingry and that has more to them than Strength and Pace

hes taking too much from the club and giving little back...yes i agree hes always getting a hard time but question why

not all his fault tho.you have to look at the managers for keeping him around

maybe Sherwood can get him doing something that resembles what a forward should be doing because Gabby wont be leaving

but for us to be moving forward and ending these relegation battles season after season then he needs to be atleast out of the starting 11 if he staying

Obviously this is my own personal opinion.i would of loved for Gabby to to be atleast hitting double figures in all competitions just has he got that in him?

but with Kendrick doing that article im kind of thinking Gabby will have a point to prove next season and so he should think that,but watch him have a good season now.hes not leaving so i hope he proves me and everyone else who doubts him wrong

:wub: I love Gabby, leave him alone! :angry:

(the use of emoticons strengthens my argument)

Not convinced yet. You should probably make a supplementary youtube vid where you burst into tears.

• Like 1

:wub:  I love Gabby, leave him alone!  :angry:

(the use of emoticons strengthens my argument)

Ditto. Excellent squad player at the very least, plus Villa through and through and all that. (I know that annoys a few)

• Like 2

He is one of our highest paid players, and has been for a long, long time.

We should be looking to this guy for inspiration but all too often he goes missing.

Are you saying that "we" (I assume you mean the other players) should be looking to him for inspiration because of how much he is paid? Because I don't think that is relevant at all. Paying somebody more money does not make them a better player nor does it make them a leader. Neither, necessarily, would being a fan of the team you play for nor your experience as a player. 

He took a wage cut when he signed his new deal last season, he said as long as he got to see his career out at Villa he didn't mind what the deal was. In regards to people claiming he'll be gone with Tim in charge, Tim said Benteke and Gabby are the best strike pairing outside the top six, so I don't think he'll be going anywhere until he retires.

This keeps being repeated but has it actually been reported anywhere?

I find the "Gabby is one of us lines" Irrelevant....Its just a side show.....a "get out of jail" for inconsistency.

We have had many players over the years who have NOT been "one of us", but just interested in making themselves in to the best player they possibly can, by doing the business for us.

It is an added bonus if they are local lads but the first pre-requisite is to deliver the goods.

I don't subscribe to the not trying bit, I think it is more likely that players like Gabby just can't deliver consistency of performance.

Players in the lower leagues can all deliver great performances during a season, what sets the aside from the Prem is Consistency.....That why McGrath was who he was....Mr Consistency.

Â