Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I hope whoever comes in after Lambert either gives him a huge kick up the arse or looks to replace him with someone better.

He's been mostly dire for going on three seasons now and if he was pulling his weight, you'd expect to be able to build a team around him as he is supposedly coming into his prime. Unfortunately I think his best years are behind him and he's a spent force.

Time for him to show us what he's made of in these last few years. He's our current longest serving player and he's also somewhat of a senior player age wise too. Needs to pull his head out of his arse and actually do something to earn the massive wage he recieves!

albrighton i can see, gabby they cant afford his wages and i think if he did make himself available a few mid-lower prem clubs would take him, the likes of stoke and palace

cameron jerome is still a prem player, gabby isnt that bad

Yeah, the guy is Villa through and through. If we were to turf him out now we could never again complain about a lack of loyalty from any player who walked out on us.

It has to be a two way thing.

Feeling some sort of moral obligation to keep somebody as one of your highest earners simply due to how long he has been here rather than whether they actually justify such a wage-packet on the pitch is sentimentality unbefitting of any competently run business.

Not to mention that the "two way" loyality thing doesn't apply to Gabby as he has never been good enough to attract a bigger and/or more well paid move elsewhere anyway.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Apparently Wolves are interested in Agbonlahor and Albrighton!!

Actual wolves though, not the team.  Lambert is preparing a sacrifice to Fenrir in exchange for Premiership/job survival.

Feeling some sort of moral obligation to keep somebody as one of your highest earners simply due to how long he has been here rather than whether they actually justify such a wage-packet on the pitch is sentimentality unbefitting of any competently run business.

Not to mention that the "two way" loyality thing doesn't apply to Gabby as he has never been good enough to attract a bigger and/or more well paid move elsewhere anyway.

I agree with all of that, although I would question if actually are a  competently run business :)

Just got back from Swansea, at the end when Villa Fans started booing as not one player walked over to clap until Albrighton did and then Lowton

The rest walked off but Gabby walking off was swearing at Villa Fans and mouthing words ''**** off'' it sent a lot of fans near me very angry indeed and few was trying call him over..

Does he realise we played poorly again, spent best part 3hrs travelling there and was drenched at the front of their stand..

Anyone else see what Gabby did at end?

i have video at end game showing players not coming over to clap and possibly what he did, i'll watch it now to see if can upload it

I wasn't there but my pal said people reacted to Vlaars clapping and he just strugged his shoulders and mouthed "what"!! He said Gabby just went off and ignored the fans. There's something going on at our club, certainly something affectng the players which we are not savvy to.

Just got back from Swansea, at the end when Villa Fans started booing as not one player walked over to clap until Albrighton did and then Lowton

The rest walked off but Gabby walking off was swearing at Villa Fans and mouthing words ''**** off'' it sent a lot of fans near me very angry indeed and few was trying call him over..

Does he realise we played poorly again, spent best part 3hrs travelling there and was drenched at the front of their stand..

i have video at end game showing players not coming over to clap and possibly what he did, i'll watch it now to see if can upload it

In a weird kind of way at least it shows he cares and is hurting right. A Collymore style smile and wave would have been a lot worse.

He is probably pissed off cus he actually bothered his arse trying today and we didn't win.  Doesn't excuse the last 10 or so games when he has barely broke a sweat.  I wouldn't be too sad to see him gone at the end of the season.

Care all you like. You dont mouth f**k off to your own supporters. Its about time these pricks earned their money and played for their wage. If they're told they are being gone in the summer rhen earn ypur next move dont ponce about. We really are the one team down there that looks like they arent fighting for it. I'd push westwood forward and put a defensive midfielder in with instructions to just break up play, win the ball and give to a team mate. Nowt fancy. Westwood forward can mean his passing is in a part of the pitch that matters. Drop Baker for the love of god and play at a higher tempo with some fookin movement!!!!

• Like 1

He's just a poor player isn't he? On his day his pace can terrorise anyone but he wont have that forever and he only turns up 3-4 times a season as it is. I don't think being villa through and through is enough and i dont think hes got too long left here, 2-3 seasons i would not be shocked to see him in the lower leagues.

If we ever got a manager who likes players with ability then he'll be one of the first out the door.

• Like 3

I think if we do get a new owner and a decent attack minded manager, Gabby will rightfully be relegated to the bench as his output is nowhere near good enough to be starting every game. His first touch is terrible, He isnt creative and his goals tally is poor.  I think he still has a place in the squad as he would be a very useful weapon to bring off the bench fresh for 25 minutes or so but he should not be in the first 11 week after week if we are to improve.    

Â