Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

When Gabby is on his game he is vital to our counter attacking style, Unfortunately he is rarely on his game which is why we either change our style or get a better, more consistent version of Gabby.

• Like 1

Limited footballer and for a 'striker' he's just to inconsistent. If we want to be sentimental he's Mr Villa, however if this takeover does go ahead and the millions are there to spend then he'll be gone IMO.

Edited by Supervillan78

When Gabby is on his game he is vital to our counter attacking style, Unfortunately he is rarely on his game which is why we either change our style or get a better, more consistent version of Gabby.

in 8 seasons, not counting his debut season under o'leary he has had 2 seasons of good football, in 08/09 and 09/10, after that, under 3 different managers he has failed to produce anything of note in a villa shirt bar the odd goal, some, actually most of his goals since then have been important match winning goals (west ham away, Norwich away, qpr home) but, overall his contribution is absolute shit.

without pace he would be bouncing around in the lower leagues of football.

• Like 4

He had a stinker against Southampton but I will forgive him. He has had a stop start season & every time he get's up to top speed he somehow get's a niggly injury like when he hurdled the bloody advertising boards at Anfield when he was absolutely on fire & murderin' Liverpools defence. We should have been 5-0 up before half time & I'm convinced we would have won had Gabby not gone off injured when he did.

He had a stinker against Southampton but I will forgive him. He has had a stop start season & every time he get's up to top speed he somehow get's a niggly injury like when he hurdled the bloody advertising boards at Anfield when he was absolutely on fire & murderin' Liverpools defence. We should have been 5-0 up before half time & I'm convinced we would have won had Gabby not gone off injured when he did.

We would have won if Suarez didn't dive when he did.

The thing for me is balls into feet, he just can't seem to control them and this makes him limited in the extreme

He obviously isn't getting the right coaching

Wwweeeelllllll, if he can't do it now....................

The thing for me is balls into feet, he just can't seem to control them and this makes him limited in the extreme

Wwweeeelllllll, if he can't do it now....................

It's too late for him he is as good as he is gona get

Hahahaha. How long has he being playing now? I think it's more to do with a lack of ability to be honest

• Like 2

Hahahaha. How long has he being playing now? I think it's more to do with a lack of ability to be honest

I think even the lost stubborn villa fans are starting to lose patience with him

He's so inconsistent but he's scored some absolutely crucial goals for Villa over the years and obviously bleeds claret and blue.

Even if we had a magical takeover and were spending hundreds of millions on the squad, I would be really sad to see him go, moreso than any other player.

Yeah, the guy is Villa through and through. If we were to turf him out now we could never again complain about a lack of loyalty from any player who walked out on us.

It has to be a two way thing.

That said, it's one thing talking the talk but Gabby has to walk the walk with his performances. He's not shown the drive, work-rate and passion that you'd expect from someone like him and that's a big disappointment.

• Like 2

He was at his pomp running the channels and turning the opposition's full back inside out on the counter. Now we don't seem to use him in that manner anymore he is always dropping deeper and he doesn't quite have the close control capable to not lose the ball all the time in the more crowded areas of the pitch. If he would be willing to take a wage cut he could still be useful for us, but as our highest earner....

Was it this time last year that me and a fair few others were moaning at Roy's bollocks about having no strikers to pick for the forthcoming England friendlies whilst refusing to give a very much inform gabby a sniff?

He's always going to be one of those players unfortunately, goes through long periods of dodgy form, hardly ever looks fully fit and struggles with his strength / pace balance

On his day he's a great player, can be a brilliant crosser, can force opposing teams to organise their defence to suit his pace, which unfortunately we don't have the midfield to ever play to that strength, just doesn't have enough of those days, which is why I think he gets treated so harshly by us lot, he's not shit, he's infuriatingly frustrating

Â