Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Whatever happens I suspect the new manager (and there will be a new one whatever division we end up in) will dump a load of our under performers and I strongly suspect Gabby will be one of them.

Being a fan should not get you £60k per week for 3-4 decent performances a season coupled with the same number of goals.

For what it's worth I agree with a lot of the stuff people are saying relating to Gabby's performances (or lack thereof), but why all of a sudden is everybody using him as a scapegoat? I was there today, and against Palace but to make out he alone has done something other players have not I.e. post match I just don't get. They're all a joke, they must know it, Vlaar looked embarassed to me at FT, it's almost as if the boos preceded the players coming over so they didn't bother, as they knew it would only anger us more!

Its a petty childish celebration anyway, score a goal every 4-5 months and then go around shhhing everyone like you're the dogs danglers. Laughable.

Of all the things to criticise him for, his goal celebration is a bit irrelevant. It has no baring on how he plays or whether he is good enough for us.

When he used to score more often, it was a good celebration, as it frustrated the opposing fans. He's probably just used to doing it now.

For what it's worth I agree with a lot of the stuff people are saying relating to Gabby's performances (or lack thereof), but why all of a sudden is everybody using him as a scapegoat? I was there today, and against Palace but to make out he alone has done something other players have not I.e. post match I just don't get. They're all a joke, they must know it, Vlaar looked embarassed to me at FT, it's almost as if the boos preceded the players coming over so they didn't bother, as they knew it would only anger us more!

He has been on the gravy train the past nine years playing off the fact he's a local lad. Steven Gerrard he is not.

He is a human ffs and obviously doesnt like to lose either. Cares about the club and doesnt need anymore abuse either. Jesus some of you lot are on another level they are not robots ffs. I bet if he came over smiling waving giving cheers you would be pissed off too. If u had a bad day at the office or home would u be looking forward to going and taking never ending personal abuse from people?

And Marc Albrighton is no Raheem Sterling...

But Gabby seems to be getting some unjust criticism when, as you point out, he's effectively been a sprinter playing football for 9 years

So we should be blaming the club for letting a sprinter play football? Or do we blame his schools career advisor? How about the buck stops with the player who is regularly under performing.

As for marc, he is only in his second spell of first team action, in no way can that be compared to Gabbys 9 years in the first team.

But Gabby seems to be getting some unjust criticism when, as you point out, he's effectively been a sprinter playing football for 9 years

So we should be blaming the club for letting a sprinter play football? Or do we blame his schools career advisor? How about the buck stops with the player who is regularly under performing.

As for marc, he is only in his second spell of first team action, in no way can that be compared to Gabbys 9 years in the first team.

There's two points here;

1 - If someone offered me a considerable amount of money to do something I wasn't particularly good at but could get away with, I would, as I imagine would the majority of people. When you throw into the fact that is playing football for the club you support, you wouldn't need to pay me anything, and even if I only had one decent attribute I.e. Gabby = pace then you'd give it a damn good go as he has up until past couple of seasons!

2 - Fair that Gabby can't be compared to Albrighton (FWIW I fell out with another ST holder in the Holte for berating Marc constantly since Christmas when he's been one of few with decentish performances), but equally I was reading Gerard and Agbonlahor in the same sentence, maybe I got a little confused...

Gabby can't play football but he can compete when he is interested. Marc can play football & to comparing him to sterling who plays & trains with Gerard, coutinho, Sturridge & Suarez who is quite possibly the most inform player in the game in the last 6 months is a little unfair. Let's see what sterling can do when he is playing with no gerrard Sturridge & Suarez

He really has just become part of the furniture at Aston Villa and he seems to think that it will see him safe and so far it has. We need a manager to come in and see that he is a bit part player....an impact player to have from the bench as it were, rather than a starter. His pace is electrifying and must be terrible to play against, but what's pace without control and end product?....I tell you what, it's nothing.

I like Gabby and I really hoped he would come through and make the grade and when he had players around him who IMO - made him look good, he did look pretty awesome for a time, but when he is expected to lead this team and justify the money he earns, he falls short.

Edited by metalhead_villain

Gabby can't play football but he can compete when he is interested. Marc can play football & to comparing him to sterling who plays & trains with Gerard, coutinho, Sturridge & Suarez who is quite possibly the most inform player in the game in the last 6 months is a little unfair. Let's see what sterling can do when he is playing with no gerrard Sturridge & Suarez

And that was sort of my point ironically, they're not comparable as aren't Gerrard and Gabby!

Again, I like Marc and think he's been the tiniest of bright sparks this season, but if a few good crosses and showing a bit of fight is our level these days then I want a trial again

• Like 1

There's two points here;

1 - If someone offered me a considerable amount of money to do something I wasn't particularly good at but could get away with, I would, as I imagine would the majority of people. When you throw into the fact that is playing football for the club you support, you wouldn't need to pay me anything, and even if I only had one decent attribute I.e. Gabby = pace then you'd give it a damn good go as he has up until past couple of seasons!

2 - Fair that Gabby can't be compared to Albrighton (FWIW I fell out with another ST holder in the Holte for berating Marc constantly since Christmas when he's been one of few with decentish performances), but equally I was reading Gerard and Agbonlahor in the same sentence, maybe I got a little confused...

I'm struggling to understand your logic, if indeed any is being applied.

You defend Gabby and say It's ok for him to "get away with it" and get paid very highly to do so (apparently being a villa fan too), yet you say "you wouldn't need to pay me anything"?

He should be carrying this team in times of hardship, how many times has he done that?

The poor fella on "The Call Centre" tried his best, it didn't stop Nev demoting him to sorting the mail. I hope the new manager shares this method.

And that was sort of my point ironically, they're not comparable as aren't Gerrard and Gabby!

Again, I like Marc and think he's been the tiniest of bright sparks this season, but if a few good crosses and showing a bit of fight is our level these days then I want a trial again

They're not comparable? Both local lads spending their career at one club? (which was the point I was making)

The only bit that can't be compared is the bit that's the problem...

Edited by Ryan.

Its a petty childish celebration anyway, score a goal every 4-5 months and then go around shhhing everyone like you're the dogs danglers. Laughable.

Of all the things to criticise him for, his goal celebration is a bit irrelevant. It has no baring on how he plays or whether he is good enough for us.

When he used to score more often, it was a good celebration, as it frustrated the opposing fans. He's probably just used to doing it now.

At least he had a goal to celebrate. that was the one bright moment in an afternoon of deep gloom.

• Like 1

GH seen that gabby isn't too gifted as a footballer. And I think if he stayed he would of gone.

Let's not forget he has scored some important goals for us over the last 2-3 season (Norwich A Last season, west ham A in GH season etc)

There's two points here;

I'm struggling to understand your logic, if indeed any is being applied.

You defend Gabby and say It's ok for him to "get away with it" and get paid very highly to do so (apparently being a villa fan too), yet you say "you wouldn't need to pay me anything"?

He should be carrying this team in times of hardship, how many times has he done that?

The poor fella on "The Call Centre" tried his best, it didn't stop Nev demoting him to sorting the mail. I hope the new manager shares this method.

Haha fair play, made me laugh.

Not getting into a "logic" argument on a Sunday morning, we're probably all too weary for that regarding the Villa currently anyway and would be going off topic;

Top and bottom of it Gabby technically has never been good enough. When we had decent players around him he could hide a little more and nobody minded, but now the going is tough he's many people's scapegoat. I'd like to look at the bigger picture personally, in which Gabby is a very small cog, but all the best to everyone thinking he's our main worry atm

• Like 1

Â