Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Should be dropped and tonev should be brought it. Gabby has done absolutely nothing to suggest to me that he should constantly be picked despite form.

Nor has Tonev, but I agree. You can't stay in the team playing that poorly. If Tonev comes in and is as bad as he has been, you make a change again in a couple of games

Posted this in the match thread but probably more appropriate here:

I really don't know what's happened to Gabby, he's coming into what is supposed to be his best years but he's just getting worse ? Last season he single handedly won us some important games when it mattered and chipped in with a fair amount of goals, this season he's barely shown up at all bar about 3 games. Would certainly keep him around the squad but shouldn't be a guaranteed starter next season for me, same with Wiemann.

I actually thought he put plenty of effort in today,attempting to put their centre halfs under pressure whenever they had the ball,closed off the angles,and generally was a nuisance.

However he didn't look sharp or threatening...I suspect we need him over the next couple of games to rectify this.

I seriously doubt he'll receive a new contract if we were to drop.

Jesus wept, what's happened to him?

Looked sluggish which is the most worrying thing because if those wheels go, Gab has little to offer.

I've gone from thinking I'd happily give him a new deal to thinking we should hold off and just see how he is at 100%, if he has slowed up any further, wages would be better spent elsewhere.

• Like 1

Jesus wept, what's happened to him?

Looked sluggish which is the most worrying thing because if those wheels go, Gab has little to offer.

I've gone from thinking I'd happily give him a new deal to thinking we should hold off and just see how he is at 100%, if he has slowed up any further, wages would be better spent elsewhere.

Agree with this, if wages are going to continue being an issue then we can't have our highest eaner being gabby based on this season.

Sell, sell, sell.

Who,who,who would buy him? 3 goals this season is hardly going to bring a rush to his door, if Villa decide to slash our wage bill again. Woeful season.

The worst thing is many people say if we play him through the middle then he'll score goals and play well. The real scenario is that whenever we play him through the middle he is a great deal worse than he is out wide.

When Gabby was clean through yesterday it completely summed him up, decent first touch then heavy second touch which gives the defender time to come across and clear. ANY decent striker would've at least got a shot away.

Part of the problem is that he knows if he's fit, he starts. Needs dropping to wake him up

As of yesterday he's now played one game more than Paul McGrath, the same amount as Stan Lynn and five less than Alan Wright.

He's been level with Gary Shaw on 77 goals since his last one on New Year's Day.

Only seven players in the 138 year history of this football club have both made more appearances and scored more goals than Gabby.

This proves beyond any reasonable doubt that I am bored.

• Like 4

Hasn't played well in 4 years now bar the odd game, since Mon left he has acted like an absolute arse on the pitch at times, yesterday summed him up with that 1on1, shite.

he has been afforded a long career at Aston Villa because he is a villa lad himself but the general feeling i got from those around me on Saturday is people are tired of him.

• Like 1

Hasn't played well in 4 years now bar the odd game, since Mon left he has acted like an absolute arse on the pitch at times, yesterday summed him up with that 1on1, shite.

he has been afforded a long career at Aston Villa because he is a villa lad himself but the general feeling i got from those around me on Saturday is people are tired of him.

We're probably stuck with him unless we run down his contract though

Â