Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

It's beyond ridiculous now how he gets anywhere near the starting line-up. He offers absolutely nothing to the team at all, not one thing. He just isn't Premier League standard in any way shape or form. I actually think he's probably the crappest player in the league on the largest contract. 

Why was he given a new contract? WHY WHY WHY WHY? I am literally angry at the thought of it 

We actually had a chance to shift this useless lump on expiry, do we really think another PL club will take him off our hands now? We are stuck with him for the duration 

Squad player at best.

Bench him, and bring him on with 20 minutes left every now and then for something different. Nothing more.

If certain players are upset by that then drop them too. I can't imagine it's any of Gana, Gestede, Ayew, Gil, Sanchez or Amavi or any other of the new players as they're all new.
And if it's somebody like Richards then I think he's professional enough to play well anyway, especially as captain.

Anybody else who is upset isn't good enough to justify worrying about.

I really hope we've got a manager, at last, who isn't afraid of making decisions like this.

• Like 2

Suffering from "Wayne Rooney" syndrome. Too many miles on the clock, too much money, no hunger, no desire, no ambition. Should have been sold off in the summer and replaced by someone who actually wants to play. Gabby looks like he'd prefer to be on the bench cos it's less work.

• Like 1

No you are all wrong, apparently Garde should 'use his pace' to get in behind etc etc. ( Lampard, MNF).

Do ANY of those ' experts' actually watch us play ?

The difference Ayew made, ( one of our useless foreigners) spoke volumes. Guess what, he moved, looked for space, took people on, had a shot, had another, and Lo !, scored. Exposed Agbonlahor for being, at best, a busted flush.

• Like 1

meh i still think he has a role to play (in our current squad, hopefully he gets phased out quite quickly january / next summer with one or two signings). Just never upfront on his own again please. there a quite a few games where i would prefer him on the left compared to others as he does put in a defensive shift tbf and has the pace to CA. But just never ever again upfront on his own.

Hes just too easy to mark when hes upfront on his own. Could be effective 442 (but then that usually leaves pretty glaring leaks over other parts of the pitch playing that formation, and gestede isnt probably intelligent enough to drag defenders for gabby). So pretty much only on the left for me for less than 15 games a season

Edited by gharperr

Doubtful he will feature on Sunday as he was subbed due to a calf injury last night but be interesting to see what part if any he plays under Garde. Under five managers now he has pretty much started when fit. At the very least he will have to earn his place and unlike past seasons perhaps now in the likes of Ayew, Sinclair, and Traore he has strong competition.

I have been one of his biggest supporters over the years but have to acknowledge he has been poor for some time now. I hope Garde picks the team on merit purely based on what he sees in training and on what players are producing in games. Living off past reputations, many moons ago in Gabby’s case now, will get us nowhere.

Edited by markavfc40

meh i still think he has a role to play (in our current squad, hopefully he gets phased out quite quickly january / next summer with one or two signings). Just never upfront on his own again please. there a quite a few games where i would prefer him on the left compared to others as he does put in a defensive shift tbf and has the pace to CA. But just never ever again upfront on his own.

Hes just too easy to mark when hes upfront on his own. Could be effective 442 (but then that usually leaves pretty glaring leaks over other parts of the pitch playing that formation, and gestede isnt probably intelligent enough to drag defenders for gabby). So pretty much only on the left for me for less than 15 games a season

Defensive shift and pace? Haven't seen either of those things since Arsenal away.

Defensive shift and pace? Haven't seen either of those things since Arsenal away.

of course you havent, youve shown to have one of the most selective memories on this forum.

of course you havent, youve shown to have one of the most selective memories on this forum.

No.

We all love one of own, but he has very little to offer these days. He will still make an impact against certain teams, a squad player going forward. 

For me, he is still effective when running at players with the ball, but he does very little of it these days. We have better players in the squad.

Â