Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I always hate the argument that players are good because of "those things you don't see" another favorite is "Just their presence in the side"

I like to base my opinion on things I do see. Which is a basically a very fast bloke with little footballing ability. We need better.

really funny that.....but spot on.

I love the line, I used to get with Vassell......"well he runs the channels tirelessly"

I used to think thats pretty big of him.....would it be ungrateful to ask for a bit more like a goal or a bit of intelligent movement in the box....hush my mouth.

I think we have watched so much shite for so long the slightest bit of decent play and we are waxing lyrical.... we are so desperate as fans for any bit of positivity, I think on occasions ( me included) we invent it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Offers absolutely **** all week in week out and yet plays and even captains the side tonight, captain FFS! Ayew does more in 5 minutes than gabby does in 3 games but I wonder which one will be on the teamsheet on Monday? I despair.

Here Here, it really beggars belief it really does. And yet people will still try and defend him. I have no axe to grind with this man, he just ain't very good. IMO 

• Like 1

The fact he's still in our side just shows how crap we are

60 minutes in today and he was blowing out his arse i can't remember the last time i seen someone so unfit playing for villa he's certainly giving Merson a run for his money

I thought Premier league footballers in the modern game are meant to be elite athletes yeah right

Edited by AshVilla

The fact he's still in our side just shows how crap we are

60 minutes in today and he was blowing out his arse i can't remember the last time i seen someone so unfit playing for villa he's certainly giving Merson a run for his money

I thought Premier league footballers in the modern game are meant to be elite athletes yeah right

Again i say Here Here, your bang on the money although there will a few  be on here shortly  to try and defend him once more. 

And to think he is our all time leading premier league goalscorer. 

Then again, it must have been much easier when 'our dear leader' was paying for the backing staff to feed the ball to him...

From Young, Carew, Barry, Milner, Downing et al.

to the dross we have seen for the past few years...

The buck stops with Lerner... Promising so, so much and delivering only until he shit his pants and decided he didn't fancy it any more...

• Like 1

Probably expected with age but he's lost a bit of pace aswell so defences aren't as afraid of him anymore on that score.

Well apart from Lescott.

It's interesting mentioning Rooney and to me Gabby looks the same nowadays, lost the hunger and looks burnt out. A while ago I watched the full game of Villa 2-0 Chelsea in August 2007 (the one where Doug took the mick out of Abramovich leaving early) and what struck me was how positive and lively Gabby looked as opposed to now. The last 5 years have worn him down a bit you'd imagine although I guess the new contracts and pay rises soften things.

He has played a lot of games in his career for his age, remember in the MON years he not only played 30 + league games every year but was rarely subbed in his first few years so he has a lot of miles on the clock and it's showning now.

I've said all along with the attacking signings we were making in the summer I would be staggered if he remained first choice and through a combination of things he has. That will change with Garde coming in. Ayew and Traore will get regular starts imo.

Just wish we would bin him off in one of the transfer windows. He has been next to useless for years. He only got into football because he got picked at school as he was the fastest runner not because he was the best footballer. He lives off his name and the reason nobody ever bids for him is because he is not very good.

Â