R.Bear

Gabby Agbonlahor

The thing is, we can criticise a player all we want (and I've given Gabby as much stick as anyone over the years!) but at the end of the day it's the manager that picks him. He doesn't pick himself. If he's never been left out regularly he'll never learn.

• Like 1

My uncle had a greyhound once......he was the fastest thing you have ever seen.

......just couldn't go round bends.

;)

• Like 4

0a55e8ab619c80796f2061c2e51b75f1.jpg

Would've thought with a new manager in our Club Captain should be around instead of jetting off on holiday.

Can not stand the bloke.......

He might just be off to do extra training. If he can put effort in and find the old Gabby, I'm happy for him to jet off.

• Like 2

Hopefully this trip does the trick for him ,he has been struggling for a while now no form at all ,hopefully Garde can get him going again as he was very good under O Neill ,personally I think he is finished at this level ,isn't as quick as he used to be and he relied on that a lot ,he doesn't have the footballing brain to compensate for his loss of pace .

• Like 1

On 6 November 2015 at 19:51:28, TRO said:

My uncle had a greyhound once......he was the fastest thing you have ever seen.

......just couldn't go round bends.

;)

Sounds similar to a couple of Greyhounds I have now lol

Fitness is part of the problem. He doesn't really have the ability anymore to play at the top level, he has slowed down and got worse at ball control etc. He might come in handy if we get relegated. I have no problem with him going abroad because I don't think he can cut it at this level anymore regardless of fitness. I still maintain we shouldn't have renewed his contract, one of many mistakes by the club.

I wonder if the injuries to Gestede and Ayew mean Gabby will be on a flight straight back?

I sort of hope not, if this is worth doing then it's worth doing and will be good for him, it'd be a pity if we end up with the short term need again winning through over the longer term.

I think that anyone hoping that some warm weather training will make an appreciable difference to Agbonlahor's performances will be disappointed.

• Like 3

I seem to remember NZogbia going off to do some of this training, never to be heard of for some time afterwards.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I seem to remember NZogbia going off to do some of this training, never to be heard of for some time afterwards.

I am ok with that!!

• Like 1

On 11/14/2015, 1:33:07, benireduk said:

0a55e8ab619c80796f2061c2e51b75f1.jpg

Would've thought with a new manager in our Club Captain should be around instead of jetting off on holiday.

Can not stand the bloke.......

Let's hope he has booked a one way ticket.

• Like 1

I think Gabby is the epitome of why Aston villa are where they are.

• Like 2

Anyone thinking that " the old Gabby " might suddenly return following some warm weather training is fooling themselves. There is no old Gabby to return, just an older very ordinary footballer. IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, supernova26 said:

Hope he plays on Saturday up front on his own. Poses a much bigger threat than Ayew. Him and Zog are key to keeping us up. 

Your attempts at 'trolling' are so boring mate

• Like 3

Â