Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I always hate the argument that players are good because of "those things you don't see" another favorite is "Just their presence in the side"

I like to base my opinion on things I do see. Which is a basically a very fast bloke with little footballing ability. We need better.

Let him earn a recall. Stick him in the stiffs.Hope I never see the waste of space again.If he's our option, we are well and truly f***ed

sinclair + ayew + adama have done nothing more than gabby. 

Sinclair, Ayew an Adama haven't played over 300 games for us.

errrr ok. Wonderful point as to whether someone should start today or not.

• Like 1

Let him earn a recall. Stick him in the stiffs.Hope I never see the waste of space again.If he's our option, we are well and truly f***ed

sinclair + ayew + adama have done nothing more than gabby. 

Sinclair, Ayew an Adama haven't played over 300 games for us.

errrr ok. Wonderful point as to whether someone should start today or not.

These guys should start as they are still developing. We know what gabby will give us, an most of the time its F*** all. 

• Like 2

and we know what sinclair, ayew and adama have given us so far this season. Its **** all

But there is a chance that those players could offer us something as the season goes on as they improve.

We know what Gabby has given us for the last 5yrs. Its **** all.

and we know what sinclair, ayew and adama have given us so far this season. Its **** all

Well Sinclair at least look able to score goals, Ayew I am not to sure about and very harsh to put Adama on here, as he is still a teenager that has hardly featured and has just as many assists as Gabby. (Crystal Palace)

• Like 1

The only thing that'll stop him walking straight back into the team is the fact he hasn't trained much at all, so hopefully he'll be on the bench.

Sherwood has probably worked out by now he needs leaders and experience in the side, something we don't have much of and something he probably thinks Gabby can provide.

Kozak isn't going to start so Gabby is about all we can field alongside Gestede, as I don't think Sinclair is much use in a central role. Not saying Gabby is much use in any role either.

Adama at Palace did what Gabby did today, an assist. Aside from the cross, Gabby was non-existant today. He isn't good enough to start for us anymore and sums us up we see him as a potential saviour as soon as he recovers from injury. It's not 2009 anymore sadly.

Always a passenger. I guess if you can't be very good, you may as well be very lucky. For the life of me i just don't know what he's done to have earned a sudden recall to the starting line up. It seems like every time he either gets injured or on the very cusp of being dropped, someone else gets injured, red carded [ Benteke spuds] or the team play appalling whilst he is injured and therefore provide him with an easy route back into the team. Like i say better to be lucky!!!

Always a passenger. I guess if you can't be very good, you may as well be very lucky. For the life of me i just don't know what he's done to have earned a sudden recall to the starting line up. It seems like every time he either gets injured or on the very cusp of being dropped, someone else gets injured, red carded [ Benteke spuds] or the team play appalling whilst he is injured and therefore provide him with an easy route back into the team. Like i say better to be lucky!!!

I hope this thread is charging you rent.

• Like 1

On a couple of occasions yesterday we saw flashes of what Gabby can do. One of them led to a rare shot at goal and the other the goal. The trouble yesterday wais that because of age or fitness he was off the pace of the game and didn't contribute enough. I wasn't sure what his role was to be honest and saw him playing very deep and not supporting Gestede or Ayew who like it or not are the future fore us.

There may be a role for him as a sub, or in a different formation but he didn't fit in yesterday.

On a couple of occasions yesterday we saw flashes of what Gabby can do. One of them led to a rare shot at goal and the other the goal. The trouble yesterday wais that because of age or fitness he was off the pace of the game and didn't contribute enough. I wasn't sure what his role was to be honest and saw him playing very deep and not supporting Gestede or Ayew who like it or not are the future fore us.

There may be a role for him as a sub, or in a different formation but he didn't fit in yesterday.

I thought the formation actually worked pretty well, Gabby and Ayew as wide men both showed some appetite to cover for their full backs when necessary and Grealish then got a bit of freedom in the middle behind Gestede. It was noticeable that after the substitution, Gestede had to stop trying to flick the ball on because no one was running into the space behind him, I thought Gabby did okay. Ayew was the pick of the four attacking players I think, but Gabby was fine.

• Like 1

He didnt have to do anything. Nobody else staked their claim, no problem for me bringing him back.

I thought the formation actually worked pretty well, Gabby and Ayew as wide men both showed some appetite to cover for their full backs when necessary and Grealish then got a bit of freedom in the middle behind Gestede. It was noticeable that after the substitution, Gestede had to stop trying to flick the ball on because no one was running into the space behind him, I thought Gabby did okay. Ayew was the pick of the four attacking players I think, but Gabby was fine.

I think you'll find he was bang average OBE, but then again that's all he can be. I am just hoping that we finally get a manager who can see the bigger picture and finally bench him for good. 

Â