Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

if anyone at the club think that dropping him,  in fact binning him off completely, is going to be a problem in the fanbase because either:

1. He's a villa hero because he is a "fan"

2. he's one of us and has come through the ranks and been here ages

Then think again, nothing could be further from the truth.  He is useless a loser the definition of what is wrong with the club BIN HIM OFF NOW

• Like 2

I don't want to rubbish him because he was a good player for MON and for half a season under Lambert but he has underperformed for too long now. He could be still useful as a sub late on in games but without a doubt Ayew should start ahead of him.

• Like 1

loan him out to a championship side for a few months.  It will either piss him off and he'll excel, coming back with confidence and a point to prove.  Or (I fear more likely) piss him off and he'll have 8 touches a half in that league.  In which case, they'll bench him.  Either way, he'll realize he needs to play with some intelligence, effort, and result, or end his career.  He needs to do one or the other.  

He was terrible last night. 

I don't think he's finished. I think the public nature of the half time on the TV will give him much to think about.

More than the previous public pillorying? I'm starting to get the impression he either doesn't care or he can't do anything to change it. Almost like his legs have gone.

He's 29. A shit ton of injuries. He could well be finished.

I don't think he's finished. I think the public nature of the half time on the TV will give him much to think about.

Being the renowned thinker that he is....

Quite. It is a test of his pride though, he currently too heavy and he's not playing to his strengths, if having the piss taken out of him on national TV doesn't fire him up a little I'd be surprised, a new manager might be able to use that.

More than the previous public pillorying? I'm starting to get the impression he either doesn't care or he can't do anything to change it. Almost like his legs have gone.

He's 29. A shit ton of injuries. He could well be finished.

What previous public pillorying? Outside of here and Villa fan sites, there's not been much public criticism. Villa fans have been very critical, but as Mr Sherwood shows, no one out there really seems to notice us.

According to Kmac he went off injured at half time

Does that mean if he hadn't Ayew wouldn't have come on?

frightening isn't it.....yes they just stumble on things.

I have rarely defended him, because I have seen it for years.....but I also think it is an indictment on us that pundits have to highlight it for the penny to drop.

i have no confidence that being ridiculed on national telly will make a scrap of difference, the skin is thicker than a rhinoceros and the brain thinner than an amoeba.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Thing with Gabby for me is that I have always been a bit blinded by the Blues games amongst other goals like Old Trafford, which always lead to the 'second chance', but it's gone along too far now.

The odd half-decent performance where you think he might be getting back to the 'old Gabby' (whatever that was, anyway) is completely overshadowed by the consistent half-arsed displays and the odd epic abortion that was last night.

As a professional, if you get to the point where Gary Neville's MNF analysis (which let's face it, is up there, if not the best live analysis in the world of football) consists of 'he's had 8 touches in that half, and two were from kick-off' followed by almost uncontrollable laughter from ex-professionals, you need to take a serious look at retirement.

To think, he's supposed to be 'one of us' - I imagine some Villa fans with severe, physically-debilitating illnesses would have shown more guts, heart and impact on that pitch last night.

• Like 4

I have no inside knowledge, not even going to whip out 'apparently' line, either but i have a feeling Gabby seems himself as an untouchable figure down the Villa. 

Had numerous bust ups with managers who have subsequently left, picked even when does **** all. He's bound to think he's billy big bollocks isn't he?

I'm not even talking about goals, pointing out lack of goals stats at Gabby is daft, he rarely plays there anymore; its more about he is just not consistent, he shouldnt be starting games its as simple as that.

My heart will sink a little if he continues to start for us under Remi.

Thing with Gabby for me is that I have always been a bit blinded by the Blues games amongst other goals like Old Trafford, which always lead to the 'second chance', but it's gone along too far now.

The odd half-decent performance where you think he might be getting back to the 'old Gabby' (whatever that was, anyway) is completely overshadowed by the consistent half-arsed displays and the odd epic abortion that was last night.

As a professional, if you get to the point where Gary Neville's MNF analysis (which let's face it, is up there, if not the best live analysis in the world of football) consists of 'he's had 8 touches in that half, and two were from kick-off' followed by almost uncontrollable laughter from ex-professionals, you need to take a serious look at retirement.

To think, he's supposed to be 'one of us' - I imagine some Villa fans with severe, physically-debilitating illnesses would have shown more guts, heart and impact on that pitch last night.

Wouldn't quite go that far, but it certainly should have been fairly humiliating for him. Watching it again, Neville isn't only criticising Gabby, he's criticising our entire (lack of) attacking play, but Lampard and Carragher were just laughing at Gabby. I know it's a fair few years since he was on the edge of the England setup, but he must have at least a nodding acquaintance with the pair of them. I'd be humiliated by that, for certain. 

Â