Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Not so sure we will really see Stan in a competative again game for us, but would love to have him around the first team squad for sure.  A true leader and an inspiration to others.  Good on him though for caring about his health and the club.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheFirstMan said:

Stan couldn't keep up in a lot of games at the peak of his career, I can't see him being ready for a slog of a season. 

He would not have to be ready for a "slog of a season" though, are you telling me he is not even worth A place, in a squad, in the championship? For even just presence and motivation, he could even play just cup games ffs.

• Like 3

Can't see him playing every week, but as a professional head in the squad and on the bench to come on and calm us down when we have a lead late on he'd be worth a space.

• Like 2

From what he has said I think Stan wants to play and at 36 he won’t want to be here just to be a positive influence. I would imagine he will have an honest conversation with whoever the manager is and those who analyse the players fitness as to whether or not he is capable of playing a part. If he signs for us it will mean he is deemed fit enough to contribute in terms of game time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I still think he could contribute more than say, Joe Cole.

Or Kieran Richardson, for example. I'd be very happy if Stan can get back to fitness and play a part, however small next season. 

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I still think he could contribute more than say, Joe Cole.

or Bacuna, Richardson, Sinclair, Lescott, Gabby, Richards, Guzan....im sure 5 or 6 im forgetting

Â