Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Could be a stroke of genius bringing him in. A good few if not all would surely up their game having him in the team? The club would sell loads of shirts with his name on the back. The media coverage and all round good vibe makes it a win win for me.

On 28/05/2016 at 20:43, ferguson1 said:

Not so sure we will really see Stan in a competative again game for us, but would love to have him around the first team squad for sure.  A true leader and an inspiration to others.  Good on him though for caring about his health and the club.

If Gabby can get games for us in that condition, Stan can get way more! :D 

45 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Could be a stroke of genius bringing him in. A good few if not all would surely up their game having him in the team? The club would sell loads of shirts with his name on the back. The media coverage and all round good vibe makes it a win win for me.

I agree. Purely the positive mentality from Stan and the PR from it makes it worth it. Stan has the respect of pretty much everyone in the footballing community, and he's a villa man, get him in. Even if it's as some sort of ceremonial 'director' - it can only be win win.

Even if he only has the fitness to play 30 mins or so each week he is useful providing he still has some ability left.

Would be excellent to be able to bring him on when 1-0/2-0 up and calm the midfield, organise players and control the game.

• Like 1

He was so fantastic at relieving pressure. When we were under the cosh he would pick the ball up, shield it and always draw a foul stifling the opponents momentum.

We haven't had anyone in midfield capable of doing that for years hence why we always concede in the last 10 minutes of every game since 2012.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Even if he only has the fitness to play 30 mins or so each week he is useful providing he still has some ability left.

Would be excellent to be able to bring him on when 1-0/2-0 up and calm the midfield, organise players and control the game.

So not very often then?

• Like 3

I cannot guarantee the veracity of this story but .... I have heard from a mate that Petrov is having an interview (today I think) with RDM to discuss coming back into the team !

If true, I reckon he would bring that touch of class to the midfield that Peter Broadbent brought when we were in Div 3. Fingers crossed.

Just parked up next to Gabby at McDonalds, will ask him if he's joining slimming world.

On topic, you guys have really brought me round to the idea of Stan playing for us again, as well as that picture. Questions marks over whether he still has the legs but get him on the pre season tour!

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 4

Stan is as fit as a fiddle. We saw him not so long ago. Said he is almost down to the same weight and he is only just short of his old bleep test results. He will able to do a full 90 mins after a full pre season without doubt. 

Did the tour of Villa Park the other day, and the tour guide said that Stan played for the local sunday league team and he was top scorer in the league. I know the gulf in quality and fitness is miles and miles, but he has apparently been playing "regularly"

it'd make me be really proud if he were to play again for us. After the last few years I never thought it'd be possible to be proud of anything Aston Villa related! For that alone, sign him up a beacon of light amongst the shit!

Imagine him coming on at the 74 th minute in the first game with new ownership. A real f you to Randy. VP would be rocking. 

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Just parked up next to Gabby at McDonalds, will ask him if he's joining slimming world.

That has to be the post of the day !! It made I larf out loud on a night shift !

Â