Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

i just don't think he's what they need. they need a proper poacher. i mean, any half decent striker could get 20 goals in a city shirt

mad that they wasted all that time on kane and could've just gotten ings who will probably score just as many as he would've

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i just don't think he's what they need. they need a proper poacher. i mean, any half decent striker could get 20 goals in a city shirt

mad that they wasted all that time on kane and could've just gotten ings who will probably score just as many as he would've

It’s not just about on the pitch, the marketing exposure will be worth any fee and wages alone.

nothing but bad press with that club. imagine being a fan. not the plastic ones, but one of the locals that's been a fan all their lives. you'd look back on the days where you were a mid table nothing side fondly i bet

rape charges, FFP breach allegations, pretty much detested by every other teams' fans in the country. all we need now is for jack to get up to his old tricks again

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

nothing but bad press with that club. imagine being a fan. not the plastic ones, but one of the locals that's been a fan all their lives. you'd look back on the days where you were a mid table nothing side fondly i bet

rape charges, FFP breach allegations, pretty much detested by every other teams' fans in the country. all we need now is for jack to get up to his old tricks again

The way he's going I won't be surprised if he's done by the age of 29 in terms of being one of the world's best.

Man City don't need Ronaldo but it's quite clear that marketing and "brand" nonsense  is fundamentally what drives that club rather than anything purely football-related. Long-term I think that'll come back to bite them.

1 hour ago, jim said:

It’s not just about on the pitch, the marketing exposure will be worth any fee and wages alone.

If you stop thinking of it as a football club and start thinking of it as a marketing vehicle for the nation of Abu Dhabi, everything makes sense.

And having worked very closely with the club right after the takeover, that's exactly what they are.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Man City will bring in Ronaldo now, if nothing else but to get some positive PR after what has happened today.

Ronaldo might not be the best choice then.

• Like 1

Â