Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

yet their lardarse, illiterate, workshy “fans” in that shithole city with their stupid accents are lauding it thinking that they deserve their success

Harsh.

But fair.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

it does feel like the grealish deal plus the kane links is the straw that breaks the camels back

fans have already turned on them, expect more booing, will be interesting to see when the media tune in to the popular opinion and join in critcising them and pep, whens roy keane covering a city game? or if sky et al stay on the everything is awesome part line because city are good for their product

this...the grealish deal on its own would be OK i think for many fans, but they buy kane too, there will be outcry

sky like to just side with the majority (see: the super league debacle) so if the wide view is that they have cheated and the fans boo them every game, i'll be interested to see how they cover it

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Harsh.

But fair.

I thought so…

Ive been to Manchester once in my life for a Pearl Jam concert back in 2012 and the best part of that city were the roads out of it…

Happy to say I haven’t needed to go back there…

Also happy to confirm that I have never been to Liverpool…

#lifegoals

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Interesting poll this...who are the 20% of City fans not happy with their owners??

FB_IMG_1629115103284.jpg

Those who don't like the UAE and their views on human rights and stuff like that probably.

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Interesting poll this...who are the 20% of City fans not happy with their owners??

FB_IMG_1629115103284.jpg

politically aware people who are not happy with the way their owners earn their money?   There are quite a few on here who wouldn't like it.  I suspect the 25% of Chelsea fans are the same with Abramovich.

I'm more surprised with our own 10% who are not happy.    What the hell is wrong with them?

Just now, sidcow said:

politically aware people who are not happy with the way their owners earn their money?   There are quite a few on here who wouldn't like it.  I suspect the 25% of Chelsea fans are the same with Abramovich.

I'm more surprised with our own 10% who are not happy.    What the hell is wrong with them?

i just assumed the city fans would just bask in the success. not met one that was unhappy with it all...not that i've met many to be fair

the poll definitely isn't totally accurate. i was surprised we weren't in the top 2 either. i mean, 3% of newcastle fans are happy? that can't be right either!

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

same as the one in the other thread it depends what the question is

"do you think your owners are good?" the answer is yes surely although the definition of good is probably open for debate, maybe if this was asked last week following the grealish sale a few would have said no

"do you think your owners will win you the league?" no but that's a PL competition problem not a NSWE problem

if its measuring hope like it says on the tin then i honestly have very little but i doubt sky would then report thats because i think the PL is crooked and FFP is designed to keep the top teams at the top and their big 6 or top 4 mates whatever bullshit they want to call it isn't exciting its bollocks

4 hours ago, May-Z said:

Just read Pep's comments on the BBC which say 'If we broke the rules, prove it!'

Doesn't really scream "we're innocent"... Looks more like " we know what we've done but you wont be able to show any evidence"

Hope they get roasted. 

Scumbags.

FWIW, I doubt they've broken FFP "rules".  Their non-transfer income will be absolutely ridiculous compared to a lot of the league and their net spend over the last 2 seasons (which I think is all that FFP looks at following Covid?) is currently "only" £150m~.  

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

FWIW, I doubt they've broken FFP "rules".  Their non-transfer income will be absolutely ridiculous compared to a lot of the league and their net spend over the last 2 seasons (which I think is all that FFP looks at following Covid?) is currently "only" £150m~.  

I think your right about them complying over the past couple of years. No doubt their earnings and player sales will have swelled the accounts no end.

From what I've read though, their fiddling comes in years before that and enabled then to "earn" £90mil from their sponsor but with said sponsor only contributing £8mil of that amount.

So essentially, they make so much now because they blagged it in the earlier stages to build the squad that had success which increased their revenue.

Or in other words, cheated.

Edited by May-Z
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

shave some more off the grealish transfer fee

they sold 20 year old midfielder ivan ilic to hellas veron for 7m, never kicked a ball for them, paid 2.5m for him in 2017

They're doing great business selling their  academy cast offs.

One of the reasons why they don't have to cheat FFP anymore to be able to sign grealish AND kane.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

they sold 20 year old midfielder ivan ilic to hellas veron for 7m, never kicked a ball for them, paid 2.5m for him in 2017

How much did they pay him in wages over those 4 years? If he never kicked a ball for them he was effectively just an expense the entire time.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Is a good player, if we took any City cast off would have been him

Â