Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

16 hours ago, Jono62 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58216727

Pep Guardiola: Manchester City manager challenges critics over club's spending

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has challenged the club's critics to come up with the evidence if they believe the Blues are breaking Financial Fair Play rules.

Thirteen months after the Court of Arbitration for Sport overturned City's two-year ban from European competition for breaching Uefa's FFP rules, questions about the club's spending are again being raised.

Guardiola defended City's British record £100m signing of England midfielder Jack Grealish.

The Spanish manager insists the deal was only possible because of the £60m-worth of sales by the club over the past 12 months, including the £11m received from Borussia Dortmund following Jadon Sancho's move to Manchester United.

With Kane not in the spurs squad its looking like they've found another £150 million from "somewhere". £250 million on two players but they aren't breaking FFP 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

With Kane not in the spurs squad its looking like they've found another £150 million from "somewhere". £250 million on two players but they aren't breaking FFP 🤔 

Did you not hear? It was found down the back of the sofa, so they are free to spend it.... 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, if Kane not even in the squad looks inevitable. Of course he's barely trained so that might be the reason. 

Bailey wasn’t in a massively different situation but we put him in the squad for our game yesterday. I’d be surprised if Kane wasn’t on his way after this, unless he is genuinely injured.

Used to rate Pep highly,, but he is becoming unbearable. "Grealish only cost us 40 million". What bullcrap, an now they are obviously gonna find 120-150 million for Kane.

Also, it kills me more over Grealish knowing 'THEY DID NOT NEED HIM'. It was obviously just to raise the profile of that awful club more than anything.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Used to rate Pep highly,, but he is becoming unbearable. "Grealish only cost us 40 million". What bullcrap, an now they are obviously gonna find 120-150 million for Kane.

Also, it kills me more over Grealish knowing 'THEY DID NOT NEED HIM'. It was obviously just to raise the profile of that awful club more than anything.

I mean he’s one of the best players in the league. He’s an improvement on what City have in a number of positions.

Theres not a lot that City do “need” but there’s a reason why Grealish will start the vast majority of games for them. I kind of get the comments along the lines of “is Grealish an improvement?” from non-Villa fans but we know how good he is. I’m not going to pretend that he’s not just because he’s left Villa.

• Like 2

Another thing that annoys me about Pep. When asked about Kane, he said something along the lines of 'he'd be a great player to have'. When Smith was asked about JWP, he said 'You know I don't talk about team's players and I'm not going to now'. Shows a difference in class. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, penguin said:

Don't worry lads they'll just smash the British transfer record again for Kane, after Pep's quick maths him and Jack will only cost them £3.50 and a couple of Freddos 

Yeah, just like someone on here said yesterday, we have spent - £10 million.

Edited by foreveryoung

i hate spurs. but happy they won

bought a 100m player they didnt need

about to buy a 150m striker when they could find someone just as good elsewhere whos younger and cheaper. they do, just because they can

• Like 1

On Bluemoon, they're lamenting Mendy, Ake and Cancelo's performances. I double checked and those three cost £50m, £40m and £60m respectively. I think that **** me off about them more than the outlandish fees for Grealish/Kane who are genuinely world class players. They spunk astronomical money on players who are bang average and inflate prices/wages in the rest of the league as a result - I remember the Ake one in particular being a joke as no one seriously expected  him to even get in the team yet they spent £40m on him. 

Would anyone seriously pay more than £10m for Mendy after that horror show of a performance today?

26 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I still have no clue why they prioritized Grealish over striker when their main striker left. 

As alluded to before they are a great team but their players are boring as **** for marketing.  Jack is box office and he will bring those casual fans/women to go see him and sell shirts.   

Â