Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

On 20/04/2024 at 21:52, Zatman said:

Budget squad builder Pep crying now about the schedule. clearing in the woods wanted 5 subs yet rarely uses them

The football Calander doesn't accommodate a team being so dominate domestically and in Europe, and City wouldn't be so dominate if the hadn't cheated 115 times.  So, in a way, it's his and City's own fault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The football Calander doesn't accommodate a team being so dominate domestically and in Europe, and City wouldn't be so dominate if the hadn't cheated 115 times.  So, in a way, it's his and City's own fault.

Exactly this. These are entirely problems of their own making. They don't *have to* try to win a quadruple every year, they could just play kids and reserves in the domestic cup competitions for example. 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Exactly this. These are entirely problems of their own making. They don't *have to* try to win a quadruple every year, they could just play kids and reserves in the domestic cup competitions for example. 

There has never been a team so dominate, even in the halcyon days of United and Fergie.  This kind of domination of English football just isn't normal, so if Pep doesn't like the schedule, he can **** off.

• Like 4

On 20/04/2024 at 21:52, Zatman said:

Budget squad builder Pep crying now about the schedule. clearing in the woods wanted 5 subs yet rarely uses them

Master tactician Pep has solved his schedule crisis by getting knocked out of the CL and being immune to FFP that won’t be a problem either, well no more than playing in front of a half empty stadium despite their domestic dominance. If I didn’t know better I’d be inclined to think that the people who administer the game these days are crooks. Thankfully I’m not cynical at all……………..

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

How much did they spend on Matheus Nunes? It's Pep's decision only to buy him for a tonne of money, then give him 0 minutes in a tight schedule.

word removed.

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How much did they spend on Matheus Nunes? It's Pep's decision only to buy him for a tonne of money, then give him 0 minutes in a tight schedule.

word removed.

I often wonder who is buying these players. The paqueta deal was the one that they wanted and when that fell through they panic bought Nunes but haven't used him at all. It's like the Kalvin Phillips signing, did pep really want either of them?

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I often wonder who is buying these players. The paqueta deal was the one that they wanted and when that fell through they panic bought Nunes but haven't used him at all. It's like the Kalvin Phillips signing, did pep really want either of them?

Weakens the rest of the league with no consequence because 115 charges

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Weakens the rest of the league with no consequence because 115 charges

I don't think man city are bothered about weakening Leeds or Wolves. 

On 21/04/2024 at 07:59, Wainy316 said:

Klopp down now we just need to get rid of that whinging prick Pep.  It’s incessant, football has been like this since the 50s only the top flight has less teams in now. 

Why doesn’t he focus his ire on the upcoming UEFA expansion?

He probably sees it as an opportunity to spend even more money and a justification to spend it. Loads of cash but no class I wouldn’t swap him for Unai or anyone else including the Colgate advert who read the same bumper book of excuses he got in his Christmas stocking from the PL a couple of years ago. As Villa manager Unai doesn’t get any Christmas presents from those in charge since 1992, he found a copy when he was at Arsenal but it was all in French so used it to level his office table, Arteta has searched high and low for it since he walked through the door and after last weekend’s game begged Unai to tell him where it was and had he seen the Spanish translation as he couldn’t read French even though he’d found Wenger’s original copy under a table leg but since taking it the table had gone very wonky……. although he could understand the diagrams but after a while he needed more help and Pep won’t tell him.  Not even for £1.5 billion as he’s a purist that doesn’t care about money although he’s had offers from a bloke claiming to be from Liverpool but he couldn’t have been as he wore a blue shirt, another fella who asked did have a red shirt but wrong accent and a man from the FA  told me they’d had problems in the past from his predecessor and they we’re working on sorting them out as well as the man in blue’s team but under no circumstances should I ever speak with anyone with a darker red shirt, like you’re wearing Unai, he said that your club has had the European Cup stolen more often than my club has ever won it, definitely not to be trusted with abything shiny, he also said that your team had lost the original FA Cup and think they have a plan to prevent your club from ever winning anything again but you’d made them very concerned recently and you must be stopped, I really tried  but it was too difficult! 

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

I don't think man city are bothered about weakening Leeds or Wolves. 

It doesn't just weaken them, it stops a Newcastle or Villa buying them 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

It doesn't just weaken them, it stops a Newcastle or Villa buying them 

I don't think man city are worried about Newcastle or villa either. 

I don't think man city sign players in an attempt to weaken the opposition because their opposition is arsenal, Liverpool and maybe United and Chelsea too. Or at least not players like Nunes or Phillips. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I don't think man city are worried about Newcastle or villa either. 

I don't think man city sign players in an attempt to weaken the opposition because their opposition is arsenal, Liverpool and maybe United and Chelsea too. Or at least not players like Nunes or Phillips. 

They do when we are taking points off them. Less players for us means that's less likely to happen and they can dominate.

13 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

They do when we are taking points off them. Less players for us means that's less likely to happen and they can dominate.

We are just as likely to take points off Liverpool, arsenal or whoever their title rivals are. 

Strange if they are signing a 14 year old from the US rather than just having their sister club in New York do it. 

Just now, villa89 said:

We are just as likely to take points off Liverpool, arsenal or whoever their title rivals are. 

Strange if they are signing a 14 year old from the US rather than just having their sister club in New York do it. 

And by stopping those teams signing a player like Grealish, City weaken those teams too.

Don't worry, Richard Masters just come out and told the media the City case is going to be delt with in the near future???

They really think us fans are a think bunch of c****s don't they!!

On 22/04/2024 at 09:24, foreveryoung said:

I liked how shearer put him straight, " why don't you just rotate more". He's got another half a billion worth of player on the bench, boo hoo to Pep.

His public persona from his playing days doesn't square with his persona since he's become a pundit. I quite like Alan Shearer. 

On 23/04/2024 at 06:47, villa89 said:

Yeah, this is very strange. In theory, NYCFC exists for precisely this reason. To tap into the domestic talent pool in the U.S.

Â