Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

On 06/07/2022 at 23:03, Tomaszk said:

Getting £45m and Sterling's £300k a week off the payroll is incredible for them.

Mental from Chelsea.

I thibk its a good signing personally. He is still 27 so this takes him to 32. Think he does really well at chelsea unfortunately 

Im suprised they would sell him to a direct rival though.  City must think they are unstoppable next season to do this

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thibk its a good signing personally. He is still 27 so this takes him to 32. Think he does really well at chelsea unfortunately 

Im suprised they would sell him to a direct rival though.  City must think they are unstoppable next season to do this

Realistically, apart from the big Premier League clubs who is going to be spending that amount of money this summer? If they/he wanted him gone they won't have had many options. 

• Like 1

Chelsea getting Sterling for £45m looks like a bargain compared to Spurs paying £60m for Richarlason.

Even better value compared to Grealish and Lukaku for around £100m each.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Chelsea getting Sterling for £45m looks like a bargain compared to Spurs paying £60m for Richarlason

Agreed. I'm not a sterling fan but he's a much more effective player. 

• Like 1

Yeah it’s a bit of an odd price when you take all into account, then again I guess city don’t need to worry about maximising value on big names when they’re flogging off young players who’ve barely made a match day squad for £15M+ every time

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Someone needs to tell haaland his boots look awful.

And his face to be fair, strange looking dude in my opinion...

Alvarez though, interesting one as he won't start as a striker. He'll be on the wing, Foden plays right so presumably competing with you know who for a spot on the left?

14 hours ago, Genie said:

Chelsea getting Sterling for £45m looks like a bargain compared to Spurs paying £60m for Richarlason.

Difference is he had one year on contract. 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

£10m+ a year from their new crypto sponsor for their training kit :lol:

Newcastle will be noting all these down before copying them all very quickly.

Given the current state of the crypto world I'm surprised any of them can afford £10m

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

And his face to be fair, strange looking dude in my opinion...

Said it before, he looks like ones of those a bit "special" kids that loves their puppy so much they hugs it a bit too hard until it dies.

Fantastic attacker thou.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Said it before, he looks like ones of those a bit "special" kids that loves their puppy so much they hugs it a bit too hard until it dies.

Fantastic attacker thou.

See, I thought he looked like that Todd character from Breaking Bad…

The one who shoots the kid on the bike, shoots a young mum and chains Jesse up to be a meth slave for the Nazis…

but signing for Man City is a disgusting crime against humanity which puts all of the previously mentioned into perspective… so they obviously aren’t the same person…

Todd obviously has some kind of conscience, and he’s a fictional character

59 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

See, I thought he looked like that Todd character from Breaking Bad…

The one who shoots the kid on the bike, shoots a young mum and chains Jesse up to be a meth slave for the Nazis…

but signing for Man City is a disgusting crime against humanity which puts all of the previously mentioned into perspective… so they obviously aren’t the same person…

Todd obviously has some kind of conscience, and he’s a fictional character

Same fella from Fargo who is banging Spiderman's Mrs 

17 hours ago, Genie said:

Sterling had 1 year left on his contract.  He'd have gone for 0 next year.  And its not like they are going to miss him. 

Richarlison had 2 years left and Everton are screwed without him.

Grealish had 4 years left and a minimum fee release....

Obviously, whether spurs could have bought Sterling instead of Richarlison is another matter. Not sure they're anything like the same kind of player though so bit of a moot point. 

Chelsea giving City 45m is the biggest issue here

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Sterling had 1 year left on his contract.  He'd have gone for 0 next year.  And its not like they are going to miss him. 

Richarlison had 2 years left and Everton are screwed without him.

Grealish had 4 years left and a minimum fee release....

Obviously, whether spurs could have bought Sterling instead of Richarlison is another matter. Not sure they're anything like the same kind of player though so bit of a moot point. 

Chelsea giving City 45m is the biggest issue here

From the buyer (Chelsea) point of view it doesn’t really matter.

Lukaku £100m

Grealish £100m

Richarlison £60m

Sterling £45m

Its a standout good deal in comparison which is my point.

Sterling for his faults will have much more of an impact than the 3 above him will/did too.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

From the buyer (Chelsea) point of view it doesn’t really matter.

Lukaku £100m

Grealish £100m

Richarlison £60m

Sterling £45m

Its a standout good deal in comparison which is my point.

Sterling for his faults will have much more of an impact than the 3 above him will/did too.

I personally think he won't, but then I really don't rate Sterling. I think his undeserved ever presence in the England team has jaded my opinion of him.

He misses too many chances, makes too many wrong decisions, has a pretty poor first touch, and a pretty bad understanding of what to do on the ball.   His positioning, off the ball movement, and pace, don't make up for the flaws. I expect he'll need to do more "playing football" at Chelsea than he did at City too...which I don't think is a good thing. 

I guess all the above is relative to how you think Richarlison, Grealish and Lukaku will do. Personally, I think Grealish will have more impact this season, and Richarlison will thrive alongside Kane and Son at Spurs.

Be interesting to see who is right come the end of the season!

• Like 1

Â