Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d be defensive too if I was Pep. He deserves much more praise than he gets given how little funding he has available. Only being able to bring in the likes of Haaland, Grealish and Alvarez for £180m, plus £600k / week in wages, just highlights the fantastic job he’s doing.

I’d like to see another manager win anything with a squad that he has only spent £900m on to piece together.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Pep knows that there’s always the point of “yes he’s done well, but you’d expect anyone in his position given his resources to do well”.

I don’t agree that anyone can do what he’s done but many people do and I think that’s why he’s sometimes a bit spikey, especially after a loss. They turned unlimited money into the deepest quality squad i’ve ever seen. They are expected to win every game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Pep knows that there’s always the point of “yes he’s done well, but you’d expect anyone in his position given his resources to do well”.

I don’t agree that anyone can do what he’s done but many people do and I think that’s why he’s sometimes a bit spikey, especially after a loss. They turned unlimited money into the deepest quality squad i’ve ever seen. They are expected to win every game.

To be honest, the only thing that really pisses me off is when he moans about fixtures and how other teams play in matches against his teams.

It's the same with Klopp. As if we should just all bend over and let Citeh and Liverpool batter us to keep it a competitive 2 horse race.

Although, we tend to bend over anyway so neither really need to say anything.

They have sold a reserve goalie to Southampton. 

Hes just had a loan with Pompey.

Joined City three years ago from Shamrock Rovers.

Never played for City...

... yet received £12,000,000 for him. 

Insania.

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

They have sold a reserve goalie to Southampton. 

Hes just had a loan with Pompey.

Joined City three years ago from Shamrock Rovers.

Never played for City...

... yet received £12,000,000 for him. 

Insania.

Liverpool would have got more 

City do it every summer, its not usually involving other PL clubs though so its quiet

They're flipping players for profit, Chelsea too to a lesser extent because they keep extending their contracts and loan them out until they're 28

Â