Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

10 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

They have sold a reserve goalie to Southampton. 

Hes just had a loan with Pompey.

Joined City three years ago from Shamrock Rovers.

Never played for City...

... yet received £12,000,000 for him. 

Insania.

He is pretty good modern keeper. Southampton might have got a good deal here especially if no buy back clause

I would have took Bazunu at Villa if we didnt have Emi

• Like 1

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Bazunu is a bit more than just a youth team keeper, he has a bunch of first-class international experience as well. He could and probably should have been playing at least one division higher last season.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Does that mean they'll sell Gundogan?

Probably wholly unrealistic but that would be amazing although of course he'll have 5-6 CL clubs after him.

Yep 

Madness that pep is letting him go, was linked to arsenal at the start of the window but that's gone quiet, linked to bayern last week but that seemed to be playing a game with laimer 

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It is a massive problem. They are going to have the modern equivalent of Withe and Shaw up front for them next season. 

It seems that slowly but surely Citeh are turning into Bayern. Winning the league every year 

A share the concern but the minute Pep leaves it’ll start to show signs of cracks I think. They still do well for sure but won’t be so dominant. As boring as they are to watch these days he’s an astonishingly good manager. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Officially signed Phillips now. I think he will do well there. Quite happy for him to go there and assist the downfall of Leeds 😆

Used to like him…

He has now officially become a word removed

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

He did an open letter to the fans like Grealish did 

And, like the aforementioned ratbag, he signed off saying “I WILL see you soon”

Yeah… wearing another teams kit and actively trying to beat you…

What a pair of snide rocket polishers

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah but Phillips' one is being much more well received 😆

Seems it was actually written by him and not his PR team. 

City fans saying Leeds fans are acting with class unlike us lot 😆 

Sorry City, thanks for taking everything that we ever have thats any good with your big bags of oil money. 

32 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Their owners now have a controlling stake in Palermo which shouldn’t be allowed 

Arent we trying to buy a Portuguese club and an MLS club?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don’t intrinsically have a problem with it - the thing is, City’s network is now like 15 clubs 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah… but we are Aston Villa fans… and Aston Villa invented the football league system… We are allowed to do whatever we like without criticism…

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t intrinsically have a problem with it - the thing is, City’s network is now like 15 clubs 

Yes, I assume there’s no maximum as nobody has taken the piss like this before. Bit like FFP they’ll get all their buying done before the rules are introduced because of them.

26 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Seems it was actually written by him and not his PR team. 

City fans saying Leeds fans are acting with class unlike us lot 😆 

Sorry City, thanks for taking everything that we ever have thats any good with your big bags of oil money. 

They barely count as human, so really their opinions don’t matter…

They own 11 clubs and then have 2 partner clubs

There's nothing to stop them doing it, look at the Watford guy where the old man owned udinese and then one son owned Watford the other owned a Spanish club 

What are they actually doing with them all? Mumbai the cynic in me says they bought them shortly before opening a new route between the city and AD, new York and melbourne maybe they did the same but these European clubs don't make a whole lot of sense, they're not investing in them, they've sent some players they don't want to troyes but other than that they just seem to have them 

• Like 1

Â