Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

One day, one day, the oil money will disappear and much like their neighbours success, their success will disappear too. 

Their business model is about as sustainable as the fossil fuels they rely on.

Bring it on bitches.

We can hope. 

Football goes in cycles. It's very rare that a club stays on top for a long period of time in this country. Man Utd are the obvious exception over the past 30 years, but even they are experiencing a decline.

I do think Man City will struggle whenever Pep finally leaves. As much as people like to think he's a chequebook manager, his methods and tactics are so engrained into that club that I think someone new might struggle to replicate his success.

That might give other clubs a look in

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We can hope. 

Football goes in cycles. It's very rare that a club stays on top for a long period of time in this country. Man Utd are the obvious exception over the past 30 years, but even they are experiencing a decline.

I do think Man City will struggle whenever Pep finally leaves. As much as people like to think he's a chequebook manager, his methods and tactics are so engrained into that club that I think someone new might struggle to replicate his success.

That might give other clubs a look in

I once read that the oil countries wealth is only fractionally based on actual oil now. Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, They have made such massive leaps in the financial/commercial sectors that they are no longer reliant on pure oil and it's a fraction of their GDP. Plenty of commerce, tech companies, banks, all moving to the Arab countries. 

Dubai's oil driven profit is only 1% of their GDP, tourism is 20%. 

So It looks like the sheiks are going nowhere anytime soon.  

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah if anything he sounds like a perfect pep player, they can stick him anywhere in attack 

In theory great, the problem is Pep also has Grealish, Mahrez, Jesus, Foden, Sterling, Gundogan, de Bruyne, Silva, Rodri and of course Haaland all to fit in too. 

Whilst they are winning trophies nobody will complain.

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

In theory great, the problem is Pep also has Grealish, Mahrez, Jesus, Foden, Sterling, Gundogan, de Bruyne, Silva, Rodri and of course Haaland all to fit in too. 

Whilst they are winning trophies nobody will complain.

Maybe 2 will go

The problem they'll have is they pay them so much, play so many games and win so much that the players themselves might be reluctant to leave 

"bit part" rotational players like mahrez started 33 games last season in all competitions, sterling 32, grealish 31

Mings and mcginn started 36 for us 

I'd like us to keep an eye on zinchencko, not as a left back but further up the pitch

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They're the fans I've seen the most trouble with at VP, be it bus windows put through outside the ground, fights down by the church, fights at the top of the holte end steps 

Etihad stadium is also and example of how these bowl stadiums are a bit shit, all their idiots sit next to the away fans rather than the opposite end of the ground, I've been in the end seat 3m or whatever it is from the home fans across the steps, guess what the police did when after half of abuse I told the city fan opposite me to shut the **** up

Always been known as w@nkers corner.

I used to work there when I was at uni and I always noted what an exceptionally high demographic of scally wrong'un fans they had.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I'd so disappointed we couldn't even draw against these parasites being 2-0 after 79 mins

I’m the same, the goals were so soft too. We just collapsed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Always been known as w@nkers corner.

I used to work there when I was at uni and I always noted what an exceptionally high demographic of scally wrong'un fans they had.

The lesser teams in big city's always attract wrong uns when you look at it.

Might change now Utd are the lesser team.

8 hours ago, S-Platt said:

The lesser teams in big city's always attract wrong uns when you look at it.

Might change now Utd are the lesser team.

Wrong un plastic fans attacking people with guide books and maps 😛

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

If you score 6 do you get two match balls?

Would appear so looking at the image 😂 

Dont think ive ever seen someone bag 6 before. Few 5s in PL history, Andy Cole v Ipswich, Berbatov v Blackburn, Defoe v Wigan

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

8 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dont think ive ever seen someone bag 6 before. Few 5s in PL history, Andy Cole v Ipswich, Berbatov v Blackburn, Defoe v Wigan

No Archie Thompson who scored 13 for Australia in a game 😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Berbatov was a hair away from making it 6 as well IIRC. THink he had a pretty easy chance with a header but headed it straight at the keeper.

Aguero got 5 against Newcastle the one year too

46 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And they will continue to ruin the league

They'll sign at least 3 teenagers on the quiet that they'll never play and then try and flip at a profit in 2 years time 

Pedro Porro is leaving for £7m, never kicked a ball for them 

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They'll sign at least 3 teenagers on the quiet that they'll never play and then try and flip at a profit in 2 years time 

Pedro Porro is leaving for £7m, never kicked a ball for them 

Woah £7m, that’ll fund Haaland’s agent fee then 😉:D

19 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Woah £7m, that’ll fund Haaland’s agent fee then 😉:D

Wait until they've spun it through their magic FFP accountant 😉

They do it every summer, the difference is they don't seem to be able to get the mega bucks for them 

They signed one of South americas most talented attackers last summer too, Sarmiento 

Â