Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

59 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

And, like the aforementioned ratbag, he signed off saying “I WILL see you soon”

Yeah… wearing another teams kit and actively trying to beat you…

What a pair of snide rocket polishers

Right?! It’s so weird, it’s clearly more sincere but I don’t get why they are so happy. They came in and took one of your best players and he’s excited to play against you. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Grealish was the 4th captain that City had taken from us. I think it's quite understandable why Villa fans are quite sick of them as a club. 

Milner wasn't captain, but still our best player at the time.  

Although it won't look like it on paper, that move ruined his career.  He was incredible playing centrally for us in 09/10/ 

• Like 2

An other 6 year deal? 

I like how the club is commuting to their players. But there’s already questions with Grealish, what if they both flop?

You have 2 players stuck on the bench running their contracts out because no one can afford their massive wages. 

the club probably can afford that potentially happening, but what a waste. Money and talent 

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

An other 6 year deal? 

I like how the club is commuting to their players. But there’s already questions with Grealish, what if they both flop?

You have 2 players stuck on the bench running their contracts out because no one can afford their massive wages. 

the club probably can afford that potentially happening, but what a waste. Money and talent 

So what…

Serves the club right for ruining football…

Serves the players right for selling their souls to Sex Offenders FC

Im hoping it means that it causes their ticket prices to go through the roof to leave their rat bastard fan base with the dilemma of whether to go to the game or pay for food…

4 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

An other 6 year deal? 

Man City's recruitment in recent years is generally quite good to be fair to them. Can't think of many flops other than Mendy. Though, i'm sure someone will point more out

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Man City's recruitment in recent years is generally quite good to be fair to them. Can't think of many flops other than Mendy. Though, i'm sure someone will point more out

In the pep years they've been pretty good, I'd say Ake was a waste of money, nolito was a bad one so was danilo 

They have lots of youngsters they've bought in seemingly to try and flip with varying success and some of those haven't worked (for all the excitement over alvarez they also have sarmiento on the books if he can ever get a work permit) 

Since pep came in 2016 they've bought around 61 teenagers of which only really Zinchenko has been a success in terms of breaking through so far - Alvarez should do too - I don't think people realise how much they're doing that 

Edited by villa4europe

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In the pep years they've been pretty good, I'd say Ake was a waste of money, nolito was a bad one so was danilo 

I would say Stones has been a poor signing as well, that guy they signed from Villa has been a flop so far as well :P 

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Man City's recruitment in recent years is generally quite good to be fair to them. Can't think of many flops other than Mendy. 

Mendy has been a star, I'll have you know. 

Of the Wormwood Scrubs prison team. 

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be worried about Phillips' injuries if I was a City fan, although I guess with their depth it doesn't matter so much

Majority of injuries are stress related. Even if he was 50% fit he played every single game for Leeds, same as Grealish with us; eventually the body breaks down.

City's squad is so good, even with a niggle they can rest him, therefore reducing the possibility of a proper injury. 

City signing Phillips is beyond my understanding; I just don't see him as technically accomplished enough.

I know the Leeds fans gave him some crazy nickname based on some legendary midfield maestro, but I always saw it as ironic, like us calling Alan Hutton the Scottish Cafu.

He looked pretty decent in the Championship but seems to have done very little in the Premier League and even less when earning his 23 England caps.

Obviously, I am prejudiced because he played for Leeds, but I just can't see what Pep sees.

Like Jack, he needs to produce more to justify his fee.

his ability to press and win the ball back quickly

that's what pep's barca were and what made them the best, his bayern and city teams have seen a drop off

phillips is there to win the ball and then make a simple pass to someone better on the ball and there's every danger that he will be good at it

Similar journeys for both players to the promised land of oil millions and tap in trophies when you think they both initially miss out on promotion with boyhood club, get there the following season, both stay 2 years in the Prem, both with a season each of having survived by the skin of teeth , both miss big chunks of season whilst finding this the perfect time to negotiate the exit strategy from the clubs they love having also both become full internationals.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 3

Â