Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

It's still worth remembering he himself took quite a while to get in the Leicester team who were of course bottom this time last year. The Villa park league game he came on as a sub IIRC. I'd be interested to know at what stage last season he became a week in week out regular player, he had a very good end to the season of course.

You see that to me is why it isn't as black and white as Albrighton, amazing, OMG GOATing (sorry for gharbing there ;)) and Grealish is awful, rubbish and will never amount to anything. For a start one has about 5 years more top level experience and indeed Albrighton went awol at this place from 2012-2014, can anyone tell me the good games he had for us in this period?

The undeniable difference between the two of course is attitude and professionalism, Jack needs to learn all that sharpish and then he too can be ripping it up for Leicester in 4 years time.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gil is absolute garbage though

He's no worse than Albirghton was in plenty of his games for us, which is my point.

All of our players look garbage. I guarantee if you took any of our players and plonked them in Leicester's team this season they'd look a hell of a lot better.

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I guarantee if you took any of our players and plonked them in Leicester's team this season they'd look a hell of a lot better.

Point taken, but Gestede would still look like a man who's only just realised that he has legs.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

really pleased for mark getting a championship medal.mark winning the league and joe lolley scoring the winner at the sty is one of the few good things about this season.

Edited by krisagg75

19 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Big congrats to Premier League champion Marc Albrighton after being deemed not good enough for championship side Aston Villa.

Players are written off at Aston Villa far too early (blaming the coaching staff for this). Sometimes players take time to come good and just need that belief. I remember watching Kane for Spurs thinking he looked very poor and now look. I just hope in the future we keep hold of players longer and give them chances. For now though hats off to Marc Albrighton a really top guy with more desire and a better attitude than the entirety of our squad. 

• Like 1

delighted for the lad. treated like shit by management at a club he wanted to play for and has shown his skill and class. absolute chuffed though would be better if he had got title winning goal

• Like 1

Guest av1

Lets not forget his loss in the Tunisia attacks. Whatever you think of these privileged football players this boy hasn't had an easy few years. Every time I've heard the guy talk he seems a down to earth boy, I'm absolutely delighted for him. 

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

delighted for the lad. treated like shit by management at a club he wanted to play for and has shown his skill and class. absolute chuffed though would be better if he had got title winning goal

Yes Hazard has done that the last two seasons now

I always liked Albrighton as a player, but didn't he leave on a free to a vastly increased wage deal at Leicester? 

They have a richer owner who is actually happy to pay the players, I'm not sure it was a coaching staff decision, as much as a financial one.

14 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

Big congrats to Premier League champion Marc Albrighton after being deemed not good enough for championship side Aston Villa.

To be fair though look at players like weinmann, bannan and ridgewell as a few examples none have really been great have they? I am happy for Alby did like him

50 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I always liked Albrighton as a player, but didn't he leave on a free to a vastly increased wage deal at Leicester? 

They have a richer owner who is actually happy to pay the players, I'm not sure it was a coaching staff decision, as much as a financial one.

He made 30 appearances in 2 seasons under Lambert and looked dangerous on a lot of occassions when he came on. His last season he played 1 game more than the mighty Tonev in all competitions

• Like 2

Thats a aboslute travesty that he only played one game more than tonev. That guy was the worst midfielder ive seen at Villa in a long time, definitely the worst finisher. If you had 100 foot high goals, Tonev would be crossbar champion

• Like 1

Â