Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

13 minutes ago, heffoman said:

Very good read and sums up Lambert. He let Johnson walk away who has been great. Carruthers is decent, but I don't think he was good enough for the premier league. It would have taken him a while to get to that point, but I am glad he is doing well. And we have discussed Marc leaving many times. I wish we just offered him a contract in January and he would have accepted. I'd rather have Marc on the wings then Veretout or Bacuna. Traore and Marc on the wings with Ayew and Gestede could have been alright, or at least much better than what we are doing now. 

Yes a very interesting article, I'm glad Marc left. He may have flourished under Sherwood but he would never have done anything under Garde's management. His direct game is perfectfully suited to Leicester's style of play.

If he could start bagging in some goals, he'd be one of the best wingers in the league. So dangerous with the ball. The way he picks up the ball and immediately attacks is something we so desperately need. 

On 1/15/2012 at 01:59, Big_John_10 said:

I think he is an awlful player and i'd be gobsmaked if he ever played regular football for a top half prem team.

If he hadn't come through the youth system he wouldn't get the love he does from a lot of fans.

Classic Big John. Where did he go?

Really hope Marc wins the title!!

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'd totally forgotten that Big_John_10 guy, he was on here while I was just a lurker. I remember him being rather curmudgeonly, so that post sounds fairly appropriate. 

and that was when we were half-decent, hate to imagine what he is like now :P 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah, the rest of our players really flourished under that clown, didn't they? :crylaugh:

Benteke, Cleverley, Delph, Grealish?

It all went to shit but Marc's the kind of player that would've thrived when Tim's gung ho style actually worked a bit.

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Benteke, Cleverley, Delph, Grealish?

It all went to shit but Marc's the kind of player that would've thrived when Tim's gung ho style actually worked a bit.

Benteke and Delph were good players anyway. 

Cleverley and Grealish flourished for a couple of games, and then like you said it all went to shit. I don't see how Marc would have flourished under Sherwood when everybody else played as badly as I've ever seen them play. He'd have been as shit as everybody else was under that imposter.

The difference now is Marc is playing at a club that isn't a circus. I guarantee we'll see it with players who leave us next season. If people like Gil, Ayew, Veretout etc were to leave, we'll be having the exact same discussion next season we're having now, about how they suddenly look really good so why were they so crap here?

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Benteke and Delph were good players anyway. 

Cleverley and Grealish flourished for a couple of games, and then like you said it all went to shit. I don't see how Marc would have flourished under Sherwood when everybody else played as badly as I've ever seen them play. He'd have been as shit as everybody else was under that imposter.

The difference now is Marc is playing at a club that isn't a circus. I guarantee we'll see it with players who leave us next season. If people like Gil, Ayew, Veretout etc were to leave, we'll be having the exact same discussion next season we're having now, about how they suddenly look really good so why were they so crap here?

Lambert wasn't getting anything out of them at the end though.  It was all nice build up with nothing in the final third (similar to what we're doing now), even Benteke wasn't effective.

Sherwood came in, went more direct and it briefly helped a lot of players who were stifled under the old system.  He was only ever a short term fix but it massive shot in the arm last year.

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If people like Gil, Ayew, Veretout etc were to leave, we'll be having the exact same discussion next season we're having now, about how they suddenly look really good so why were they so crap here?

Gil wasn't particularly special before he came here. I'm sure Ayew and verertout will applay their trade in the French league well again.

• Like 1

That's my point. it worked for a couple of games. Then this season everything went back to shit, arguably worse than it was before.

I don't see any reason to suggest Albrighton might have flourished under Sherwood. He'd have been total dog shit just like the rest of the team.

I agree Steve that Albrighton would not have flourished this season with the players currently at the club. It might have provided some decent service for Gestede, but Albrighton is no miracle player. He's an important cog in the Leicester machine but he's not one of the vital ones. They are VARDY, Mahrez and Kante

Â