Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

It shows how shit we are when albrighton looks like messi compared to everyone else.

You seem to pop in to say that whenever Marc does well...

Because it shocks me that such an average player can come on for 30 minutes and be head and shoulders better than everyone else.

• Like 1

A mishit cross here and there but overall another excellent cameo from him. I could be cynically and say it's Hendrie syndrome of stepping up his game with a contract running down but in fairness his attitude has always been pretty good.

Think he's worth a start in the week.

Or mayby big John it could be that Albrighton might be a good player? No?

He has his moments but he's been poor for a long time.

I think he now looks better because of how far we've dropped and the poor quality of our squad.

He's better than others we have so deserves a start next game.

I have always thought he was a bit limited, but I do think he has been much better since being out on loan.

Not sure about him starting, though, he always seems to play better when coming on as sub.

Certainly played really well today, gave us impetus.

• Like 1

I have always thought he was a bit limited, but I do think he has been much better since being out on loan.

Not sure about him starting, though, he always seems to play better when coming on as sub.

Certainly played really well today, gave us impetus.

Agree to an extent he never set the world of fire and maybe he has grown in confidence. He hasn't had many starts and at least gives us something that no one else does - width.

The thing I like about Marc is he always wants the ball and busts a gut for every second that he's on the pitch. He has decent ability and is a bugger to defend against. He may be rash when he tackles back but that would improve with regular matches. I've had this signature since Craig Gardner left, so you can see I like a good battler.

I would not have wanted Albrighton on the West Ham team. 

He's a better player than he was.

I also suspect he's learned a trick from Tonev on how to shoot from distance on the move except he can actually do it in a game as well as training... but need to see him shoot a bit more.

Been saying it for some time now that Lambert should have focused more on the players he had at the club and then intergrated those players into a suitable system before going for wholesale changes.

We had and have again target men at the club who thrive on crosses yet we are set up to play more through the middle with no playmaker.

We didn't need Bowery and Helenius because they are no better than Fonz and if Lambert had signed another winger to play on the other side of Albrighton with two holding midfielders then I am in no doubt that we would be seeing a more balanced team playing better football.

I'm not using hindsight either as I've advocated this approach since Lambert first came to the club.

• Like 2

Lambert has confirmed he's going to open contract talks with Albrighton, story and quotes from him in the Birmingham Mail.

No point in Albrighton staying if Lambert isn't going to use more width in our play.

Been saying it for some time now that Lambert should have focused more on the players he had at the club and then intergrated those players into a suitable system before going for wholesale changes.

We had and have again target men at the club who thrive on crosses yet we are set up to play more through the middle with no playmaker.

We didn't need Bowery and Helenius because they are no better than Fonz and if Lambert had signed another winger to play on the other side of Albrighton with two holding midfielders then I am in no doubt that we would be seeing a more balanced team playing better football.

I'm not using hindsight either as I've advocated this approach since Lambert first came to the club.

Spot on.  I really don't see the logic of bombing players out.  All we've done is pay their wages and give them away for free.  And what sort of manager thinks that Tonev is better than Albrighton?  Heck, what sort of manager thinks that Tonev is better than anybody?

• Like 1

It shows how shit we are when albrighton looks like messi compared to everyone else.

You seem to pop in to say that whenever Marc does well...

Because it shocks me that such an average player can come on for 30 minutes and be head and shoulders better than everyone else.

fully agree - its a total embaressment that the holte end are calling for Marc Albrighton to change our fortunes................ MARC FECKIN ALBRIGHTON...............

shows how far weve dropped overall............. this is MARC FECKIN ALBRIGHTON that's had the sum total of about 6 good games in 5 years..............

we are shite !

He really was fantastic when he came on. Not fantastic because the rest were crap just good in his own right. He looked like creating a chance every single time he got the ball, that is good in anyone's book.

Definitely needs to start the next game.

Gives us a quandary as we don't really have anyone to play on left. Weimann is definitely not a winger let alone a no/10.

Personally I'd play Gabby on left. He was so isolated on Sat it meant one of our best players wasn't in game.

• Like 3

Â