Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

One thing he seems to have added to his game is the ability to go past defenders.

Totally agree with this. Shows that in time the youngsters will come good. Better upper body strength and acceleration.

Give the boy a new deal.

Work ethic takes you a long way. Albrighton has really turned a lot heads since coming back from his injury. Glad he is back in the team.

I think the short term loan deal did MA some good.
It did although he was our motm against Spurs in the league cup before we loaned him out. Maybe we should have played him sooner. Same with Helenius.
  • Like 1

He's definitely got his confidence back and/or feels he has a point to prove.

One thing I'm absolutely loving is he's recovered his lovely little trick of knocking it past defenders at the moment they begin a challenge.

Takes great timing that does, something so simple but effective. The Sheffield full back's only option was to foul him and then they brought another player over to try and shut him out and it was a shame some of our other players didn't clock the space that was creating for  them to get in.

His crosses to the far post still go a bit awry some of the time but other players need to start getting themselves in to the box for one of his driving crosses to the near post.

• Like 2

depends what his contract is. Based on his form/experience hes properly entitled to 20k or so. God knows what hes currently on though.

At least a year extension to prove his worth ( i think he has already). We will probably wait till were safe before offering contracts

Weimann should take a look at Marc's desire on the pitch - could learn a thing or two.

Fair play to Marc - he was in the last chance saloon at the club and due to his effort is right back in contention.

He should certainly get an extension to his contract

Didn't see the game on Sat but from comments and highlights it looks like Marc did himself no harm at all again this weekend.

Really heartening to see because I thought he was dead and buried from a premier league perspective.

Shows the difference a bit of confidence and desire can make to a player.

We should all probably remember think his highs and lows when evaluating Lowton, Westwood, Baker, Benteke and most importantly Weimann.

(Hands up I'm as guilty as anyone for this)

top bloke, trying his heart out for the claret and blue as he always has done...

tells you something about our established starting XI when he's so noticeable on the pitch since he's come back from loan... particularly with the opinions of the majority of posters in this thread over the last six months...

in my opinion, i would start him over weimann at the moment - on current form, he just looks more likely to do something that will lead to a goal...

The fact that he he skipped his holdays(parts of it anway) to do extra traning says all about his dedication. It's a rare thing amount modern footballers, very admirable in my opinion! First name on the team sheet given current form for me.

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 1

Â