Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Man don't think my date with this English girl went well. Met up with her did the two kiss handshake to great her and she seemed nervous fair enough.

the date seemed to have gone well we chatted for ages flew by flirted and was going well. She said to me on date that she was surprised no awkward silences and that on personality I'm a 9. Walked her to her car she tells me she has trouble making eye contact with people and is generally very quiet around new people and groups. She seemed ok though with that on date.

today though she's taken ages to respond, and her responses are brief compared to last few days so just don't think she was feeling it. Strange as date seemed to have gone really well..

as lambert said we move on..

That's where you've gone wrong :P

On 04/10/2016 at 21:21, Demitri_C said:

Man don't think my date with this English girl went well. Met up with her did the two kiss handshake to great her and she seemed nervous fair enough.

the date seemed to have gone well we chatted for ages flew by flirted and was going well. She said to me on date that she was surprised no awkward silences and that on personality I'm a 9. Walked her to her car she tells me she has trouble making eye contact with people and is generally very quiet around new people and groups. She seemed ok though with that on date.

today though she's taken ages to respond, and her responses are brief compared to last few days so just don't think she was feeling it. Strange as date seemed to have gone really well..

as lambert said we move on..

yeah, y'see if you'd shagged her then "we go again" would have worked

• Like 1

On 4 October 2016 at 20:18, Davkaus said:

Pocket dialed my ex, who broke up with me a couple of months ago, but I managed to cancel it before she answered. My face: :mellow:

She called back a few minutes later. My face: :wub:

I realised she'd called back because she'd deleted my number and had no idea it was me. My face :(

This is right up there in the "joleon lescott phone excuse" handbook this one!! ;)

• Like 2

Ruge, I'm probably way out of line here but within the context of everything you've told us, the arguments, the substance abuse, is having another kid really the way to go to repairing your relationship?

If my missus said something like yours said to you above, I wouldn't be laughing and joking about it. Especially if she was pregnant with our 3rd child.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ruge, I'm probably way out of line here but within the context of everything you've told us, the arguments, the substance abuse, is having another kid really the way to go to repairing your relationship?

If my missus said something like yours said to you above, I wouldn't be laughing and joking about it. Especially if she was pregnant with our 3rd child.

Women say some mental stuff when they're pregnant mate, it's expected and basically the rule that you just let it slide.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Weren't planned mate. She was booked in to get sterilised in September. Tbf our arguments are pretty normal at the moment and I'm making positive strides with substance abuse. These arguments happen every time she's pregnant and as nath pointed out it can be run of the mill  for pregnant women to go off on one. I know she doesn't mean it , although I'm far from the greatest husband ever . Abortion was not an option and at first I was gutted we was having another baby, but now I've come  to terms with it. Just one of those things.

• Like 1

she's honest, anyway :lol:

I need someone (Southern Kennebec)  hide this posting

I need someone.

Someone who will go with me to the movies I want to see.

Someone who will be my dining companion.

Someone who will play a board game with me.

Someone who will hang out and watch Walking Dead and Game of Thrones marathons on cold winter days and nights.

Someone who will let me steal that yummy bite off of their plate once I've finished my portion.

Someone who will keep me company and provide moral support while I do the scary stuff around the house that I'm procrastinating. (Cleaning out the basement, anyone?)

Someone who I can tell about the small triumphs and sorrows of my day.

Someone who will comfort me when I'm afraid of the dark or I have a nightmare.

Someone who will give supportive and comforting hugs.

Someone who will come get me when I get stuck in a snow bank.

Someone who ... well, I guess the list never really ends. 
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The male version would be "I need someone who is hot in the sack and will leave me the **** alone the rest of the time". 

I'm still trying to find her...

• Like 1

is internet dating any good ?

i ask because I had my fingers burned by a hipster called Samuel Davide Hains, 24, from Travancore. The long distance impacted but I knew it was over when I bought him some lensless wayfarers and he went nuts. To this day I have no idea why. It was at this point I realised I just wasn't into jazz kittens no more.

are there any jazz kittens on Internet dating? I wouldn't want to make the same mistake

Edited by Midfielder
Post too long
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I've never posted in this thread but have read back a few pages. Seems a few of us are single. I'm in a weird position in life whereby my life has been in transition for a few months no need for detail here it's in the drugs thread. the bad influence mates I have are back home in brum and Worcester and a while back I moved here to gain some distance and start afresh you know. Old habits overlapped but got into a relationship moved in with her and indirectly this became home. the relationship fizzled out after 2 years, arguments all sorts, we ended, very messy on both our parts and so I end up here, residually. My best mate (female and has never touched any drug of any kind) is an irregular F buddy who I risk wrecking the decades long adhesive friendship with despite our geographical distance. She's in the same boat in a way relationship wise so it's convenient as pathetic as that sounds. We get over any after awkwardness v quickly though. Weird. 

now this place will never be "home" I positively hate it here (renting) and hopefully in a few weeks move county where again I'll be starting fresh permanently (buying) if you follow. In the medium term I will be looking for work that way too. Now anyway that's some background. When in this new place since I know not a soul there, I plan to do something that to be honest fellas, daunts me. Internet dating. I read back there it was success for Dante. Fair play. I'll use it to make friends and maybe meet someone it progresses with, who knows. So life's been on hold pending this move for months til I found a place and it's happening (hopefully).

I accept social opportunities at work but they are limited and the company is simply non compatible. Too posh, too this too that, or that I can't be myself around. The ones I have had "opportunities" with I haven't done anything with as 1- they really were nothing special 2- it'd be public and my last relationship was through work and 3- alarm bell types. I'd been waiting to buy and a place came up I fell in love with, so that will literally be home. I've been nomadic since moving away from Brum in 97 as a student too so 19 years on will be making a new home. Weird how life turns out. 

Regarding internet dating though, I know a few nurses at work who are all over it. I mean I'm not kidding they will have four or five shags a week off it in some cases , different guys and they're addicted to the apps, the flirting, the messages, the attention the whatever. That side of things puts me off in a way. I had spells as a player a looooong time ago and can "get it" at work should I so want from said sluts, who would all talk too and my reputation (which took a professional hammering ages ago for other matters) would be affected again and my bosses have reason again to question my professionalism and rejection of boundaries. That story, another time. 

The last few months though, to keep my job I have worked my ass off, beyond the call of duty given the nature of the work. I get in, chat shit on VT or play Fifa for half hour and I'm already nodding off. Time has flown by but this move presents an opportunity whereby I'll actively start dating and get out of this rut, change working pattern to a more normal one and press the reset button. So over time I'll start posting in this thread but just wanted to see others experience of Internet dating. 

I know this sounds daft but when I do, I was planning to just simply place an ad and only do replies if anyone came a knocking, as in not outward contact, just see who came to me, if anyone. This m Ishtar sound clueless but in my experience, even the innocent types who are on it, quickly decend into a different more sleazy side of Match of E Harmony, one that would have floated my boat years ago but not any more. Does this sound familiar or daft? 

Whoa this post turned out long. But reading back a few pages, I dunno might be others in this boat considering it and I don't know what to expect. Brutal honesty above , cards on table. 

35h3d2.jpg

Seriously, internet dating is very hit and miss. I was contacted by my missus online and she's the best thing that evarrrrrr happened to me, 5 years plus and all is good :)

Doesn't work for all but you gotta try

Edited by rjw63

I've been with my girly whom I met on POF for about 2 years. It can work, but if you dive in, expect to meet some utterly crazy people, have weird experiences, and be let down numerous times before you find what you're after. It can be frustrating, but at least you'll have some cracking stories. Which most would expect you to share on here - not that I ever did :lol:

I've exclusively used internet dating for the past few years. Current partner is going well at nearly 2 years together, had fun if toxic spell with a maniac before then and then other varying one off dates with nice or weird people before that. Its a lottery but its no different to any other arena for meeting people but the pool is much larger!

24 minutes ago, Rodders said:

, had fun if toxic spell with a maniac before then and then other varying one off dates with nice or weird people before that. 

A toxic spell with a maniac is a rite of passage with Internet dating. Mine earlier this year was a grade A loony tune. There are some good people out there though, you just have to work out how to wade through the crazy to find them. The girl I'm seeing just now seems lovely and we get on great (5 dates in) but we both know that we might find something out about each other that ends up being a deal breaker. That's no different to real life though.  

At the end of the day, if even I can get a relationship off the internet, I'm fairly sure anyone can ;)

• Like 1

yes it's nothing new, just a different format, and as per Midfielder's post - it's a great format if you just want to post an ad and let the women come to you, too.

I was partly naively to blame with my nutter though as she early on said "I'm not sure why you're with me, I'm not a very nice person" which I naturally took to be a form of self-deprecation and low self-esteem. By the end it turns out she was fully "self-actualized" with that statement. Before then, had some cracking drinking binges, eclectic games of chess ( not a euphemism, one evening she just announced we were playing chess, albeit moderated with some drinking rules tied into it ) as well as all the other benefits. She did have cracking taste in films and music as well too. Shame about the madness, but my liver and head were very grateful for that period coming to an end. Current partner barely touches it, which is fine by me. Back down to the literally just one or two drinks occasionally. 

14 minutes ago, Rodders said:

yes it's nothing new, just a different format, and as per Midfielder's post - it's a great format if you just want to post an ad and let the women come to you, too.

I was partly naively to blame with my nutter though as she early on said "I'm not sure why you're with me, I'm not a very nice person" which I naturally took to be a form of self-deprecation and low self-esteem. By the end it turns out she was fully "self-actualized" with that statement. Before then, had some cracking drinking binges, eclectic games of chess ( not a euphemism, one evening she just announced we were playing chess, albeit moderated with some drinking rules tied into it ) as well as all the other benefits. She did have cracking taste in films and music as well too. Shame about the madness, but my liver and head were very grateful for that period coming to an end. Current partner barely touches it, which is fine by me. Back down to the literally just one or two drinks occasionally. 

Thanks I'll be looking into it in a couple of months then. But what about the Jazz kittens, I really don't want to get hurt again.

Â