Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

From experience, and this is only my experience, I found eHarmony better than Match. I think people on eHarmony were a little more serious about finding a "real" relationship. Though, the frustrating thing about eHarmony is that you can't search for people, you can only communicate with people who it matches you with. I purchased a 2 year account on some special offer thing on eHarmony, I was 26 for the first year, and found next to no decent matches at all. Thought it was a complete waste of money. I then stopped using it, and just before my subscription ran out (I was 28), I thought I may as well give it another go, and found that I was getting loads of matches to girls who I would actually want to see, and one of them being my current gf. It did kinda feel like more women were using sites such as eHarmony in the age bracket of upper 20's early 30's.  Mid 20's range was pointless. I'm not sure how old you are, but if you're in your early to mid 20's I'd probably stick with the free sites like PoF and Okc, however if you're 30 and above i'd use a pay site, people are a bit more serious about it on there, I guess people think about these things a little more seriously as they get older. (assuming you're looking for something semi-serious). 

Just my thoughts, could be complete BS :lol: 

Similar story with me and eharmony, in general I found it pretty useless but a year after messaging someone, she replied out of the blue. We've now been together for 18 months and living together for 6 weeks. So at the end of the day it's done its job, so I'd probably tell people to give it a go if they get a cheap deal but not at their normal rates.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

31 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

found that I was getting loads of matches to girls who I would actually want to see, and one of them being my current gf.

I had to read that twice.  I thought "one of them being my current gf" meant you were both looking for something new whilst dating each other :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I once signed myself up to a dating site, well it was more a meet up for sex site. She had kicked me out so I went back to my mums for the night and just stupidly signed up. What I forgot about was that my emails went straight to her phone because weeks previous my phone had broke so I got my emails to go to her phone for some reason. The following day I had her on the phone having a right rant because I'd had an email come through to her phone. She was early stages of pregnancy too which didn't help. Anyway this was a few years ago and I'm a changed man, just ask God.

:crylaugh:Only you rugeley only you legend:crylaugh:

46 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

From experience, and this is only my experience, I found eHarmony better than Match. I think people on eHarmony were a little more serious about finding a "real" relationship. Though, the frustrating thing about eHarmony is that you can't search for people, you can only communicate with people who it matches you with. I purchased a 2 year account on some special offer thing on eHarmony, I was 26 for the first year, and found next to no decent matches at all. Thought it was a complete waste of money. I then stopped using it, and just before my subscription ran out (I was 28), I thought I may as well give it another go, and found that I was getting loads of matches to girls who I would actually want to see, and one of them being my current gf. It did kinda feel like more women were using sites such as eHarmony in the age bracket of upper 20's early 30's.  Mid 20's range was pointless. I'm not sure how old you are, but if you're in your early to mid 20's I'd probably stick with the free sites like PoF and Okc, however if you're 30 and above i'd use a pay site, people are a bit more serious about it on there, I guess people think about these things a little more seriously as they get older. (assuming you're looking for something semi-serious). 

That is actually really interesting as I'm finding with tinder and bumble it's more shagging and nothing serious. I'm 34 in December need to start thinking about settling down. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Me 38 and thanks for the insights. im not gonna hang my hat on it, but keen to see as it works for some and to be honest, I'll be living in a quite remote place near Welsh border so finding new feet in new place isn't gonna happen unless I'm into sheep. Which I'm not. So thanks for the tips. There's a couple women at my work who are on Match, both have been for easily two years and they're all about the casual meet ups, not that I assume all on Match are. But from their regular rundowns I hear about, maybe E harmony better. Dunno. This electronic match up thing, and like you've said... About the matches. I'll test it and see for sure. My eta is maybe a week after moving house to just drop it on there and see what happens. 

Initially im not even gonna do any chasing or outward messages, only replies (if they come). We shall see. But cheers PieFace.

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Similar story with me and eharmony, in general I found it pretty useless but a year after messaging someone, she replied out of the blue. We've now been together for 18 months and living together for 6 weeks. So at the end of the day it's done its job, so I'd probably tell people to give it a go if they get a cheap deal but not at their normal rates.

Cheers for feedback. If it worked for you and PieFace I'll choose that over match. The computer needs to match me up with Emma Watson or Kate Upton I don't mind which. 

I have a few years on @Demitri_C but agree with his post above! I'll post any relevant stuff on here when I'm underway. Max a month off surely now. 

55 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

And I wonder why she never trusts me. I always end up braking trust I've built up, even if it's only something tiny.

Thus guy should have his own tv programme or write autobiography. The vacuum incident that I think XEla dug out the link for sticks in my head, and the recent choking of his chicken into his mates newspaper are definite inclusions. I'm sure there are hundreds more in these threads but keep up the good work Mr RV

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Thus guy should have his own tv programme or write autobiography. The vacuum incident that I think XEla dug out the link for sticks in my head, and the recent choking of his chicken into his mates newspaper are definite inclusions. I'm sure there are hundreds more in these threads but keep up the good work Mr RV

I'm trying mate, I'm trying. Aslong as I can keep the milk train on the road the show will go on.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2016 at 09:47, Rugeley Villa said:

The first 12 months of our relationship I was constantly hard. No joke, my missus nicknamed me hard on. All day drink and drug sessions topped off with all night sex sessions where anything went. Giving me oral in pub beer gardens and also in the street once in broad daylight with people walking about. Then the arguments and fall outs take their toll and you start losing trust with each other which creates insecurities. Then before you know it your married with 3 kids. 

We've all been there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm trying mate, I'm trying. Aslong as I can keep the milk train on the road the show will go on.

Actually that's a great title for a tv programme, Milk Train.

In Peep Show comparison, sounds like you're Super Hans. I'm definitely a Jeremy. Who's Mark?

tumblr_lry5gt1fzm1qcduw9o1_500.jpg

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Pretty sure Ruge is the best thing about VT never leave us! 

We all contribute to a great forum. Thank you all for listening to my nonsense :) some people will be talking about something, for example online dating, then something pops into my head about an experience I had. Then you have the sometimes bizarre stories. 

21 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Actually that's a great title for a tv programme, Milk Train.

In Peep Show comparison, sounds like you're Super Hans. I'm definitely a Jeremy. Who's Mark?

tumblr_lry5gt1fzm1qcduw9o1_500.jpg

I just love the word 'milk train' sounds kind of groovy.

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How have i matched with a girl that lives in Birmingham and i live in London? she hasnt been to London in years

Because the computer's algorithm thingamabob worked out she's a villa fan, on top of all your matching traits.

Maybe.

How does this matching thing work anyway, is it like a multiple choice test? I thought it was just list your profile advert and put up a photo. in fact im gonna google, I need to know what I#ll be letting myself in for.

Edit, maybe I should just put an ad on gumtree:

Countrydude seeks woman. Must have working orafaces, ideally looks above 8/10 on the F###-o-meter, hates reality tv and supplicates regarding movie choices. Contact Midfielder.

There, nice and simple.

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 2

Â