Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

On 18/11/2018 at 15:04, 7392craig said:

How about we scrap the drinks and just agree on Ratajkowski and Riley instead?

I'll throw in a susanna Reid into it, she's older but certainly gets a nod from me.

Id say as otbers do, strategy in calling his loan off and bringing him back could pee  of Gardner, but pee off city to no end.

Our loan off Gardner ending at city could spell trouble for them if we recall,  I'm in favour of it.

Didn't Gardner throw it out he was a city fan when he got there, I also seem to remember some fans on here saying he would never be welcomed back to villa, yet here we are talking of recalling.

22 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Id say as otbers do, strategy in calling his loan off and bringing him back could pee  of Gardner, but pee off city to no end.

Our loan off Gardner ending at city could spell trouble for them if we recall,  I'm in favour of it.

Didn't Gardner throw it out he was a city fan when he got there, I also seem to remember some fans on here saying he would never be welcomed back to villa, yet here we are talking of recalling.

I don't think he did that officially.  I think several fans, myself included, made the joke that if he did the same thing as Craig did and claimed he was a childhood Villa, no Blues, no Sunderland, no Baggies, nevermind, I got it right with Blues supporter, we would be pissed off.

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I didn't watch him when he was younger, but if the people that thought Luke Moore was a better prospect than Rooney are anything to go by... :lol:

Oops i might have been one of them....yes,yes,yes....bloody idiot.

but i got Shearer, Beckham, Scholes, Cowans, Shaw and Barry right.

Just let the guy get on with his career however he sees fit, let’s not be petty about it. 

As for would he fit into this side, he currently has a pass accuracy of 65%, which is frankly horrendous, and suits blues style more where the ball is likely to bypass him, so no. 

• Like 2

He has been crap every time he has worn a Villa shirt.  He isn't very good at all. No pace, can't tackle, can't pass. Occasionally hits a decent long range effort.

I wouldn't want him back. Just as bad if not worse than Lansbury.

4 hours ago, KHV said:

He isn't very good at all. No pace, can't tackle, can't pass. Occasionally hits a decent long range effort.

Was you looking for the Hourihane thread mate? 😋

Why have numerous people on this page assumed that anyone is wanting Gardner back to challenge a position in our team?

That's not been said once. What's been suggested, is recalling him to weaken a team that are currently above us. Imagine us and small heath both getting to the play-offs and him scoring a goal to help them progress. We'd be regretting not recalling him. (If it's possible)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Why have numerous people on this page assumed that anyone is wanting Gardner back to challenge a position in our team?

That's not been said once. What's been suggested, is recalling him to weaken a team that are currently above us. Imagine us and small heath both getting to the play-offs and him scoring a goal to help them progress. We'd be regretting not recalling him. (If it's possible)

I dont want him back in the team. I'd recall on transfer day and let him for in reserves until the summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

This, we aren't in a position to be helping out promotion rivals, especially not them

Bring him back in January and if they want him they pay for him

• Like 2

On 31/12/2018 at 18:05, VillanousOne said:

Tell them they Pay 3 mil or he comes back.

no more favours for other clubs especially those scum.

£3m would bankrupt them. What a tremendous idea! :D

I think they'll fall away. In the meantime he can take points off others with them.

Funny how he's playing the exact deep role we keep struggling to find anyone to do properly every game though 

According to an article in the Birmingham mail back in November we do not have an option to recall him.

It is a season long loan and that's it.

Same article said we did have the option to recall Steer and Elphick so seems to check out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I think they'll fall away. In the meantime he can take points off others with them.

Funny how he's playing the exact deep role we keep struggling to find anyone to do properly every game though 

He would be abysmal in a dean smith side. He has a pass completion of 65.6% this season. Only two players in our squad have lower and they are nyland and steer. Even scott 'I don't know who is on my team' hogan, has managed to keep the ball slightly better. 

In regards to recalling him, it would be pretty petty and mean to do so, when after an injury plagued career, his only crime is not being good enough for us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't.....unless injuries ravage them.

Individually they are very average....but they have some necessary ingredients for this league....like Cardiff had.

Adams and Jutkiewicz are had working and pose a nuisance and are not easily put off by the physical challenge.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â