Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

On 06/02/2019 at 19:38, villabromsgrove said:

I watched Gary come up through the academy and then the reserves. I saw him live a fair number of times at the Bescot and he was a real prospect.

He had a couple of metres of pace more than his brother but two bad injuries robbed him of that.

This season he has played 28 games for the Blues and is a key player for them. Blues are currently one place above us in the league.

Gary hasn't got a future at Villa, but he's not the rubbish player that some are making him out to be. In my opinion of course.

I agree totally - unfortunately too much baggage now, should have been better advised, kept his mouth closed and maybe just maybe, he could have returned.

possibly took a little too much notice of big brother 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, leighavfc said:

I really would like to know if he is a Villa fan or not, that celebration against them tells me yes but then his social media is a lot of him in blues kit, #k*o blah blah.. does make me wonder!!

He's a Villa boy. He obviously can't make too much of it at the moment but just because his brother is a nose, it doesn't make Gary one. I'm only sorry that he currently has to sully himself by wearing their kit. :puke:  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Can you believe the unwashed asked us if they can play Gary Gardner on Sunday? 

I hope they sent 💩 on the reply 

You couldn't make it up could you? I wonder which foot they wanted us to shoot ourselves in? Did they really think that we would do them a favour when it's them that we are playing? They really must think we are as thick as they are. :rolleyes: 

• Haha 2

I'm putting injuries to one side because most players get them.

He lacks industry for me and allows the game to go past him, not a great trait for a midfield player, like his stature, but.....I often wonder if he's playing when he is.

A player not for me....but we can't keep giving Free's to every ,Tom, Dick and Harry.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, John said:

He's a Villa boy. He obviously can't make too much of it at the moment but just because his brother is a nose, it doesn't make Gary one. I'm only sorry that he currently has to sully himself by wearing their kit. :puke:  

Has he verified that, though?  I remember there was an AVTV video from many seasons back where the squad was giving each other Christmas gifts and every single gift had some kind of inside joke associated with it (Anger Management classes for Hutton, a car seat for wee Westwood, etc.), except Guzan's gift to Gardner, which was a Villa bedsheet set.  Guzan's reasoning was "because you're a Villa supporter, right??? hahaha"

Also, wasn't Craig a "Boyhood Villa Supporter" when he played for us, the became a "Boyhood Blues Supporter" when he signed for them, with stints as a childhood Sunderland & Baggies fan as well?  hahaha

• Haha 1

On 07/03/2019 at 23:14, leighavfc said:

I really would like to know if he is a Villa fan or not, that celebration against them tells me yes but then his social media is a lot of him in blues kit, #k*o blah blah.. does make me wonder!!

I don’t give a Tom tit

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John said:

You couldn't make it up could you? I wonder which foot they wanted us to shoot ourselves in? Did they really think that we would do them a favour when it's them that we are playing? They really must think we are as thick as they are. :rolleyes: 

John

As you know, they have always been an embarrassment to the city of Birmingham. Nothing changes......

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KMitch said:

Has he verified that, though?  I remember there was an AVTV video from many seasons back where the squad was giving each other Christmas gifts and every single gift had some kind of inside joke associated with it (Anger Management classes for Hutton, a car seat for wee Westwood, etc.), except Guzan's gift to Gardner, which was a Villa bedsheet set.  Guzan's reasoning was "because you're a Villa supporter, right??? hahaha"

Also, wasn't Craig a "Boyhood Villa Supporter" when he played for us, the became a "Boyhood Blues Supporter" when he signed for them, with stints as a childhood Sunderland & Baggies fan as well?  hahaha

I suspect Guzan was just having a dig at him about his brother. 👍

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t hate the noses for the sake of it, so don’t think this is just a mindless statement born out of blind hatred. But to score a goal for the blues and celebrate like that, makes it very difficult to come back here at the end of the season. Same as all the pro-Birmingham stuff he’s spouted on twitter since he departed. Now I’m not saying that players should be shunned for leaving to get game time, but they are our most fierce rivals and fans don’t take well to that sort of stuff. Maybe if he was an exceptional player it might be overlooked, but he’d struggle to get on our bench. I believe he’ll be off for good come the summer and IMO good riddance. I don’t begrudge him the move to the noses for regular football, but he should remember what club he’s signed to, who pays his wages, who’s academy he came through and who’s fans he should have more respect for.

• Like 1

Starting to show some promise, interesting to see how he develops. I'm not to bothered how he celebrates scoring tbh , football is a business and decisions should never be made without putting that first, we could make some money or gain a decent player.

• Like 1

Â