Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is he back with us now? Can he be in the squad tomorrow?

Why on earth would we want him in the squad?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Why on earth would we want him in the squad?

I think he’s been great whenever I’ve seen him for Birmingham City, he’s got a year left on his Villa contract so I wouldn’t rule out a return

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s been great whenever I’ve seen him for Birmingham City, he’s got a year left on his Villa contract so I wouldn’t rule out a return

If we go up tomorrow I don't see him having much of a future with us. If we don't, as you say, he's played well for a decent Championship team (*washes mouth out with soap*) so I definitely think he has a future at this level, whether with us or elsewhere, and I would say good luck to him (other than if it's Blues). He has always done his best and had a miserable time with injuries - I think as fans we tend not to be forgiving of players who don't live up to the hype, but it's not his fault we thought he was the Messiah and he just turned out to be John the Baptist for Jack Grealish...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s not The Messiah, he’s just a very naughty boy. 

I might relieve the agonising tension tonight by watching The Life of Brian. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is he back with us now? Can he be in the squad tomorrow?

Why the **** would he be in the squad tomorrow? :crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s a fine plan. A little alcohol thrown into the mix will also help 🍺😛

I'm already on that part of the plan👍

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why is it? He’s a Villa player, is he not?

That’s not the point. 

He’s garbage. He’s been out on loan at our biggest rivals for the season. 

Why on earth would he be in the squad tomorrow?

even if he was good enough to make the squad, which he absolutely 100% is not, what an absolute kick in the teeth that would be to the rest of the squad if he just waltzed his way back into the squad for the biggest game of the season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That’s not the point. 

He’s garbage. He’s been out on loan at our biggest rivals for the season. 

Why on earth would he be in the squad tomorrow?

even if he was good enough to make the squad, which he absolutely 100% is not, what an absolute kick in the teeth that would be to the rest of the squad if he just waltzed his way back into the squad for the biggest game of the season. 

He’s not garbage, far from it, have you seen any of Birmingham City’s matches this season? Whenever I have seen them, he has been their best player 

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s not garbage, far from it, have you seen any of Birmingham City’s matches this season? Whenever I have seen them, he has been their best player 

There is probably a decent Championship player in Gardner (like there was in Bannan) but unless the wheels fall off us financially then he is done here and needs to move on

Â