Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

On 17/11/2018 at 09:30, Killeen30 said:

Well do tell, seeing as you’ve come out with such a statement based on rumours.

alls I see with Gary Gardner is a player that had massive promise only to be ruined by a number of serious injuries. He’s always come across as a hard working and professional to me.

It might be worth noting....many players, suffer from major injuries but sustain their careers.

I am unsure how much his injuries have curtailed his career or his development just plateaued.

8 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I tend to try not to mix the two. Football for me is one of the few escapes from politics. Along with Guinness and Emily Ratajkowski.

Carling and Rachel Riley for me.....

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

It might be worth noting....many players, suffer from major injuries but sustain their careers.

I am unsure how much his injuries have curtailed his career or his development just plateaued.

I think it may be a combination of the two. However I think it can’t be stressed enough how important a players development during their late teens is. When they first start playing regular football, their form and what they learn during those years has a big impact on the direction their career takes. We’ve seen it go both ways, but in Gardner’s case, the talent he showed seems to have been stumped at some point during those injuries and he’s never even looked close to showing the form that got him such rave reviews.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I think it's impossible not to put his faltering career down to his horrendous catalogue of injury  - I for one would not comment on his ability for this reason alone.

I am a little surprised at the level of vitriol aimed towards him though as he always struck me as a honest down to earth pro ?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Which can play CB ?

How about both? I’d suffer all the goals conceded to watch them pair jumping for headers.

On topic: I myself always thought of Gardner as down to earth and decent. But recent events have shown how much loyalty he has to the club and how much respect he has for us Villa fans. I don’t mind him going on loan to the noses, but his comments have been unacceptable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thread resurrection..

As asked about by @Villastine, can we recall him?

If so, it would strategically make sense to recall one of small heath's best players, now that they're above us, and send him back on loan to someone like Ipswich.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Thread resurrection..

If so, it would strategically make sense to recall one of small heath's best players, now that they're above us, and send him back on loan to someone like Ipswich.

Should do, they will have to play Craig then 😂😂

Im quite bitter, but as discussed above; i'd recall him and ruin the next (and prime) 18 months of his career for his KRO nonsense. Especially as this club has given him millions and millions in wages since he was effectively a child for very little on the pitch.

Respect the club that made your career. 

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Thread resurrection..

Agreed, sod them. We don't ever need to do business with them and we certainly don't owe Gary Gardner anything at all. 

I think we should try to sell him, for anything to anyone. SHA included. You want him, you buy him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Agreed, sod them. We don't ever need to do business with them and we certainly don't owe Gary Gardner anything at all. 

I think we should try to sell him, for anything to anyone. SHA included. You want him, you buy him. 

yes very cruel since they cannot sign anyone!

• Haha 1

What happened to Gardner?  He was touted as being the next Gerrard and there was even more hype around him in our youth team than there ever was for Grealish.  Was it all the injuries he picked up over the years that set him back, or was he a case of another over-hyped player our supporters have been dying to see come good?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

What happened to Gardner?  He was touted as being the next Gerrard and there was even more hype around him in our youth team than there ever was for Grealish.  Was it all the injuries he picked up over the years that set him back, or was he a case of another over-hyped player our supporters have been dying to see come good?

I didn't watch him when he was younger, but if the people that thought Luke Moore was a better prospect than Rooney are anything to go by... :lol:

• Like 1

Â