Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Maybe we can apply for special dispensation from the FA to allow him to play?

Do you hate him that much? Why do you have such a low opinion of him? He’s had an awful lot of injury problems, when he’s played for us he’s been more than decent in my opinion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you hate him that much? Why do you have such a low opinion of him? He’s had an awful lot of injury problems, when he’s played for us he’s been more than decent in my opinion 

Cause like his brother, he's also an arsehole!

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't rate him either mate! Injuries aside he isn't good enough and was debatable whether before injuries if he ever would be a very good player. He was half decent age 17/18 (Before the injuries) being realistic he was over-hyped back then like a lot of youngsters are, He is now a below average Championship Midfielder that is his ceiling and has been for about last 6 years.

Fact is only a few ever make it at various academies and a lot don't hit the required 4 corner model, They all have Talent hence why in academies but Talent isn't enough IMO it's the other 3 factors on 4 corner model. UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I don't rate him either mate! Injuries aside he isn't good enough and was debatable whether before injuries if he ever would be a very good player. He was half decent age 17/18 (Before the injuries) being realistic he was over-hyped back then like a lot of youngsters are, He is now a below average Championship Midfielder that is his ceiling and has been for about last 6 years.

Fact is only a few ever make it at various academies and a lot don't hit the required 4 corner model, They all have Talent hence why in academies but Talent isn't enough IMO it's the other 3 factors on 4 corner model. UTV

He seems to be doing rather well at Birmingham City, he’s had a lot of injury problems. It wasn’t that long ago that he signed a new contract here, I wouldn’t write him off just yet

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Just a few of the things that I have heard from people.

Well do tell, seeing as you’ve come out with such a statement based on rumours.

alls I see with Gary Gardner is a player that had massive promise only to be ruined by a number of serious injuries. He’s always come across as a hard working and professional to me.

Just now, Killeen30 said:

Well do tell, seeing as you’ve come out with such a statement based on rumours.

alls I see with Gary Gardner is a player that had massive promise only to be ruined by a number of serious injuries. He’s always come across as a hard working and professional to me.

Based on rumours.. no.

Based on fact of people I know in and around the game thanks.

You stick to your visions, il stick to my views. :thumb:

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I do admire your blind faith for some of our below average players mate.

He’s 26 years old and he hasn’t really had a sustained run in our first team, when he was younger, he was very highly rated. I remember watching him in the Next Gen tournament at Villa Park for the u18s, he was excellent. He’s had an awful lot of injury problems in his time at Villa, I wouldn’t write him off just yet, he seems to be doing well at Birmingham City. It wasn’t too long ago that he signed a new contract here, just be patient with him

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s 26 years old and he hasn’t really had a sustained run in our first team, when he was younger, he was very highly rated. I remember watching him in the Next Gen tournament at Villa Park for the u18s, he was excellent. He’s had an awful lot of injury problems in his time at Villa, I wouldn’t write him off just yet, he seems to be doing well at Birmingham City. It wasn’t too long ago that he signed a new contract here, just be patient with him

1) says it all, 26 is not a promising youngster. Hasn’t shown enough to garner a run in the first team.

2) Contracts don’t necessarily mean that the club rate him. But it means they can get a fee for someone rather than releasing on a free

16 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't hate him, I just think he is absolutely awful.
Can talk about potential, injuries and what ifs but he's 26, he has alreadu peaked and his peak is rank.

Players develop at different rates, his injury problems have obviously affected his development. I don’t think we’ve seen the best of him in a Villa shirt, far from it in fact. Some fans will obviously hate the fact that he has pulled on the Birmingham City shirt but I think it takes guts to go and celebrate like he did when he scored against Birmingham City in October 2016 and then go and pull on their jersey. When he was younger, he was brilliant, he is beginning to translate that youth form in to senior football for me

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's a 26yr old midfielder, who has 4-6 seasons left if he is lucky imo - and that's in this league.

I get where you are coming from but I really don't see a future at Aston Villa for him - especially when we get back to the premier league.

• Like 1

Â