Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't.....unless injuries ravage them.

Individually they are very average....but they have necessary ingredients for this league....like Cardiff had.

Adams and Jutkiewicz are had working and pose a nuisance and are not easily put off by the physical challenge.

I think you are correct, Monk is an excellent manager, PL quality

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you are correct, Monk is an excellent manager, PL quality

I have never been very Interested in Gary Gardner, ( injuries or no injuries)seems like we are finding out the reasons why he has never been interested in us.

He is in his rightful place IMO....But fair play to Monk if he can get a tune out of him.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have never been very Interested in Gary Gardner, ( injuries or no injuries)seems like we are finding out the reasons why he has never been interested in us.

He is in his rightful place IMO....But fair play to Monk if he can get a tune out of him.

I disagree here, he’s been at Villa a very long time, he’s had a lot of bad injuries, he’s beginning to show his true worth at Birmingham City (I mean that nicely). He’s beginning to look like the player we all thought he would be for me. I’d take him back here at the end of the season, no doubt but I don’t think it’ll go down well with the majority 

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I disagree here, he’s been at Villa a very long time, he’s had a lot of bad injuries, he’s beginning to show his true worth at Birmingham City (I mean that nicely). He’s beginning to look like the player we all thought he would be for me. I’d take him back here at the end of the season, no doubt but I don’t think it’ll go down well with the majority 

I reiterate...He could be with us for a hundred years....for me he is in his rightful place.

He is not the first player to have a period with us of having bad injuries.....I am not totally dismissing that, but I don't think he would ever have been what some thought he would be.....another false dawn like the Moore Bros.

I don't think he has ever had the football brain to cause trouble to anyone.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I reiterate...He could be with us for a hundred years....for me he is in his rightful place.

He is not the first player to have a period with us of having bad injuries.....I am not totally dismissing that, but I don't think he would ever have been what some thought he would be.....another false dawn like the Moore Bros.

I don't think he has ever had the football brain to cause trouble to anyone.

Again, I disagree with you, I don’t think he’d still officially be an Aston Villa player if the club didn’t believe in him. We’d have let him go permanently if he wasn’t good enough, he’s always had the talent for me, the injuries have held him back but he seems to be showing his true worth now 

26 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Again, I disagree with you, I don’t think he’d still officially be an Aston Villa player if the club didn’t believe in him. We’d have let him go permanently if he wasn’t good enough, he’s always had the talent for me, the injuries have held him back but he seems to be showing his true worth now 

Maybe no one has bid?

Edited by TRO

He's awful but it would be nice to recall him just to disrupt that lot. It's all well and good allowing a relegation team to have a player but a promotion rival ( they are, like it or not) is down right idiotic.
Another ridiculous decision not to have a recall in the worst summer in this club's history.

• 1 month later...

Having a relatively good season. We need capitalise on this and be getting £2-3 million for him in the summer. Get the agent to drum up some business in the media. If they can’t pay, someone else in this division will. No more freebies from us.

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Having a relatively good season. We need capitalise on this and be getting £2-3 million for him in the summer. Get the agent to drum up some business in the media. If they can’t pay, someone else in this division will. No more freebies from us.

We are not getting a penny.  He is available on a free transfer. You would expect him to sign with them on a permanent contract in the summer. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We are not getting a penny.  He is available on a free transfer. You would expect him to sign with them on a permanent contract in the summer. 

Thought he signed a contract until 2020. 

Aston Villa midfielder Gary Gardner has signed a new contract to stay with the Championship club until 2020.

BBC Article

• Thanks 2

Under contract, in the prime of his career and playing regularly in the Championship, we'll get some cash for him at the end of the season at the very least.  Much better than letting old, high-paid midfielders leave for free.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

They say, he is doing well for them....I have watched them and him, can't see it personally.

Fair enough, I’ve not seen him IRL. Just going off what a few have said and his whoscored ratings. I think he’s a solid Championship squad midfielder though and we should be getting some cash for him. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think he is crap. 

He is very limited as a player. Injuries has heavily impacted his growth as a player, but he can do a job in the championship. He just isn't good enough for us. 

• Like 1

On the contrary to other’s beliefs, I think he can still make it here, he’s got 1 more year on his contract after this season. He seems to be doing rather well at Birmingham City, I think can still be a player for us, others don’t seem to share that belief

Â