Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

He's definitely finished here, he's a very average Championship player and has also pledged his allegiance to that disgusting club multiple times. In fact he could bang in 20 goals from midfield in a season and there's still no place for him here, an utter word removed like his rancid older brother. Dead to us.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I don’t hate the noses for the sake of it, so don’t think this is just a mindless statement born out of blind hatred. But to score a goal for the blues and celebrate like that, makes it very difficult to come back here at the end of the season. Same as all the pro-Birmingham stuff he’s spouted on twitter since he departed. Now I’m not saying that players should be shunned for leaving to get game time, but they are our most fierce rivals and fans don’t take well to that sort of stuff. Maybe if he was an exceptional player it might be overlooked, but he’d struggle to get on our bench. I believe he’ll be off for good come the summer and IMO good riddance. I don’t begrudge him the move to the noses for regular football, but he should remember what club he’s signed to, who pays his wages, who’s academy he came through and who’s fans he should have more respect for.

Love to know your thoughts on Ron Saunders. Peter Withe etc who were at or left for Blues as well as being proper Villa legends. 

Being honest I prefer to see players celebrating any goal they score, not this mock not celebrating if it's against a former team.

1 hour ago, LancsVillan said:

Love to know your thoughts on Ron Saunders. Peter Withe etc who were at or left for Blues as well as being proper Villa legends. 

Being honest I prefer to see players celebrating any goal they score, not this mock not celebrating if it's against a former team.

As I said, the fact that he’s played for blues isn’t necessarily the issue, he needs football at the end of the day. But due to the fact that whenever he’s played for us he’s looked quite poor, people won’t look for reasons to let him off. Perhaps I am just being biased based on all the stuff he’s said since he left us. But you can’t say that you think he’ll be welcomed back by the majority of fans, I’m certainly not going to be on my own on this.

He will be 27 when he returns here and has played more games for blues than Villa in his league career

He is finished and probably best for all parties, he cant handle playing for Villa

• Like 1

On 30/03/2019 at 11:36, LancsVillan said:

I do feel this is a little unfair - given what they both achieved with us - particularly Peter withe - who actually offered to help us for free in our relegation season 

On 30/03/2019 at 11:36, LancsVillan said:

Peter withe was at Blues before he arrived at VP.

Ron was sacked by villa.....he had to earn a living and i guess he liked living in solihull.

so i think those circumstances are different......Gardner is still our player.

his gesture by the way, would not surprise or offend me.....i have no interest in the player.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2019 at 22:38, 7392craig said:

I don’t hate the noses for the sake of it, so don’t think this is just a mindless statement born out of blind hatred. But to score a goal for the blues and celebrate like that, makes it very difficult to come back here at the end of the season. Same as all the pro-Birmingham stuff he’s spouted on twitter since he departed. Now I’m not saying that players should be shunned for leaving to get game time, but they are our most fierce rivals and fans don’t take well to that sort of stuff. Maybe if he was an exceptional player it might be overlooked, but he’d struggle to get on our bench. I believe he’ll be off for good come the summer and IMO good riddance. I don’t begrudge him the move to the noses for regular football, but he should remember what club he’s signed to, who pays his wages, who’s academy he came through and who’s fans he should have more respect for.

What a load of absolute bollocks.  Should he deliberately play badly whilst at Birmingham City and ruin his career completely in the process?  He's trying to repair his game after injuries - if he scores, he should be delighted (particularly against local rivals).  Just a ridiculous viewpoint to think otherwise.

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What a load of absolute bollocks.  Should he deliberately play badly whilst at Birmingham City and ruin his career completely in the process?  He's trying to repair his game after injuries - if he scores, he should be delighted (particularly against local rivals).  Just a ridiculous viewpoint to think otherwise.

Still, the viewpoint I am entitled to.

At the end of the day the question is will he be ahead of Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Lansbuy or even O'Hare? 

We should get at least a couple of Million for him so he has to go and a thank you to the Bluescum for getting him fit and proving he can actually get through a Championship season. 

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

At the end of the day the question is will he be ahead of Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Lansbuy or even O'Hare? 

We should get at least a couple of Million for him so he has to go and a thank you to the Bluescum for getting him fit and proving he can actually get through a Championship season. 

In my opinion, he’s a different type of midfielder to those you have named apart from Hourihane. I think he is defensive, the others are attacking, I thought Gardner was excellent v West Brom on Friday night 

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he’s a different type of midfielder to those you have named apart from Hourihane. I think he is defensive, the others are attacking, I thought Gardner was excellent v West Brom on Friday night 

He's decent enough for a mid table championship team. He's not the answer for us. 

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

I think he is influenced by his brother - why does Craig look so angry every time he steps foot on the pitch.

Because Craig really is a Nose and acts like one. ;)

Edited by John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Â