Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He was utterly awful today. A complete liability, if he wasn't just putting the ball straight out of play he was misplacing passes in dangerous areas or playing suicidal balls to our own men. 

It's hard to imagine how he could have played any worse really. 

Him getting a new contract is a total mystery, he's not even good enough for third back up and needs replacing in the summer. 

Edited by sidcow

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Him getting a new contract is a total mystery, he's not even good enough for third back up and needs replacing in the summer. 

If you see Bruce's comments last week re Bannan and Albrighton and leaving on a free, it makes it more understanding re Gardners contract. It's protecting the clubs position to ensure people don't leave on a free.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If you see Bruce's comments last week re Bannan and Albrighton and leaving on a free, it makes it more understanding re Gardners contract. It's protecting the clubs position to ensure people don't leave on a free.

Exactly my thoughts, think he will be off in the summer.

Another one who may have gone "stale" here and needs a change of scenery.

Thankfully for us,I don't foresee him becoming any sort of Steven Gerrard in the future.

Stranger things have happened!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

These sort of comments always puzzle me. 

The thing about backup players is that sometimes they will inevitably start. If he 'shouldn't be starting games' then he isn't good enough to be at the club full stop. We're not a charity. 

Precisely.....if you don't strive for betterment , you stagnate.

Just don't think he's cut out for it at this level. When Lansbury is fit and maybe another midfielder to come in this summer, he'll (quite rightfully) struggle for game time

15 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

didnt we make money on Bannan

I agree that he must be improved upon, but to be fair Jedinak, Lansbury and probably even Bacuna all are way ahead of him in the pecking order. In a normal situation he wouldn't be getting any gametime and I doubt almost any team in any league are happy to see their 5th choice midfielder starting games.

Him being in the team isn't as much of a tragedy as having our main (and only) DM having to be first choice CB cover. What the hell were we thinking going into the season with only 3 centre backs?

We do, however, absolutely need another DM next season.

Edited by WooJung

On 18/03/2017 at 22:55, mikeyp102 said:

I understand that to a point Mike, and we would probably need to know what he earns in order make a proper assessment. But what exactly do we think the guy is worth as an asset? 

As i said, i don't know any of the figures but i would strongly suspect that the valve of his 4yr contract far outweighs the fee that anyone would be prepared to pay for him. 

It was a ridiculous decision imo..

Â