Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Nice to see someone still has faith in the lad . I really despair at some of the hate directed at our own players .

I still have faith in him, he can reproduce that moment against Birmingham City again, I'm going to watch that goal on youtube now, so thanks for reminding me of it :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When Petrov came to us he was billed as an attacking midfielder. However he dropped back further into the midfield and did well in that roll. Could Gardener do the same? His most obvious attribute is his great shooting, but that doesn't have to disappear from his game as a holding midfielder. Arriving late when the ball is cleared to the edge of the box he'd be in a perfect position to shoot. Whether he can do the rest of it of course is another matter. 

59 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

When Petrov came to us he was billed as an attacking midfielder. However he dropped back further into the midfield and did well in that roll. Could Gardener do the same? His most obvious attribute is his great shooting, but that doesn't have to disappear from his game as a holding midfielder. Arriving late when the ball is cleared to the edge of the box he'd be in a perfect position to shoot. Whether he can do the rest of it of course is another matter. 

Petrov could control the ball and find a pass. His defensive positioning was okay and his tackling poor, so he just worked his way to being fouled or staying close to the man without sticking a foot in....I've seen nothing from Gardner which suggests he has the brain to play a position alien to him. And he definitely doesn't have the skills for it which means when the pressure is on he can't find a way out.

Having said that we're a Championship club and he most certainly is a Championship player....and he's still young enough to reassess his career.

1 hour ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Petrov could control the ball and find a pass. His defensive positioning was okay and his tackling poor, so he just worked his way to being fouled or staying close to the man without sticking a foot in....I've seen nothing from Gardner which suggests he has the brain to play a position alien to him. And he definitely doesn't have the skills for it which means when the pressure is on he can't find a way out.

Having said that we're a Championship club and he most certainly is a Championship player....and he's still young enough to reassess his career.

I agree it's a bit of a long shot, but even after a complete January overhaul, we only have one average, aging, injury prone defensive midfielder. So you can surely understand my desperation!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

They really were. 

Lansbury was our best player and hourihane's delivery into the box was better than anything those jokers could do. 

Now if they could tackle, hmmmm

• Like 1

Â