Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I can see forest coming back in for him again. He arguably played his best for them and think he'd move to them.

there's plenty of worse players that manage to find new clubs willing to pay a fee for them. 

Really? ;)

Joking aside mate, if the idea is to sell him in the summer, why not a 2/3 year deal? Why 4?

I really think that contract will prove to be an expensive mistake mate. 

Just now, av1 said:

Really? ;)

Joking aside mate, if the idea is to sell him in the summer, why not a 2/3 year deal? Why 4?

I really think that contract will prove to be an expensive mistake mate. 

I don't think his wages are going to break us but you're right about the length of the contract extension being too much.

Once again he's looked totally out of his depth. Totally anonymous. I really can't understand we he keeps being picked. Not even good enough for a squad player if we have any kind of ambition. 

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I can see forest coming back in for him again. He arguably played his best for them and think he'd move to them.

there's plenty of worse players that manage to find new clubs willing to pay a fee for them. 

Totally different regime now though at forest - could drop down the league with  blues though ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Once again he's looked totally out of his depth. Totally anonymous. I really can't understand we he keeps being picked. Not even good enough for a squad player if we have any kind of ambition. 

Think Bruce was hoping for more from him today.

Surprised he was paired with Grealish centrally and not Lansbury or hourihane.

it wouldn't surprise me if he was selected next weekend against small Heath. 

52 minutes ago, av1 said:

He was atrocious again mate. 

Agreed. The bloke isn't good enough, I'm not sure why he still gets a game. 

Thanks. I can't say I'm surprised, I just don't rate him at all.

It would be best from his own career point of view to move on now. He needs to be playing more frequently than he should here. 

10 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I thought he actually had an alright match today. 

Me too, he did ok. It was a difficult game with Kodjia getting a red card sp early, but the yellow card he got when he tracked back and made a perfect tackle was not ok...

• 2 weeks later...

I am unsure, why we have to watch a player for so long at the club,before making a judgment.Its the same week in and week out and more worryingly its the basics which are absent.

I am not one of the people that always blame the manager for a players performance, they have to take responsibility for themselves imo.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

He shouldn't be at this club next season. Part of the reason we are where we are is players like him and Bacuna etc getting game after game and putting in pitiful performances, may sound harsh but it's the reality. You can't carry players when aiming for promotion. 

Such a shame. I remember watching him in the nextgen tournament the year before we won it and thinking he would be our next Gareth Barry. Looks like it will not be the case now. Real shame - the injuries he had must have really affected his development.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I am unsure, why we have to watch a player for so long at the club,before making a judgment.Its the same week in and week out and more worryingly its the basics which are absent.

I am not one of the people that always blame the manager for a players performance, they have to take responsibility for themselves imo.

But why does the Manager have to keep watching him to see what we all see....he is a very poor player- and I rarely if ever knock our players if at all possible.

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

My only positive thought on his appearance today was that he proved he isn't good enough and is hopefully on the outgoing transfer list. 

I genuinely hope that's the only reason he played ... save others for next year and have one last look at him.

Would still be an odd thing to do though- how many looks are needed ?

• Like 1

Â