Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Another who gets rewarded for failure.

have a shit run of games, 1 goal in 20 odd appearance, make zero impact on games?

here you go Gary, sign another 1 year deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Not sure which is shitter Gary or Craig but both are very poor footballers and neither are good enough for this league .

Craig has had a decent career in the top flight at his peak and even now is more effective. Much better than Gary. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Craig Gardner is lightyears ahead of him(or was) which says it all.

That is not what was said by many at the start of his career......what did Houiller say on his first viewing " who is the new steven Gerrard"...... It maybe a throw away comment, I know, but nevertheless, so many got his judgment wrong.

Injuries have plagued him, but its not all down to that.

IMO in recent years, we have had many misjudgments on a number of our players.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

That is not what was said by many at the start of his career......what did Houiller say on his first viewing " who is the new steven Gerrard"...... It maybe a throw away comment, I know, but nevertheless, so many got his judgment wrong.

Yes, it's the persisting with these players that does my head in. 

On another note, do we not have any half decent midfielders coming through ? It would not take much do be better than GG.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Houllier said Cheyrou was the new Zidane and Diao the new Vieira tbf :)

Even when he first broke through under Mcleish he looked out of his depth. I understood when Lambert gave him the one year deal to prove himself following the injuries but this years deal was horrific and sums up the past 5 years. I only hope the wages are cheap and he can be shifted 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Yes, it's the persisting with these players that does my head in. 

On another note, do we not have any half decent midfielders coming through ? It would not take much do be better than GG.

The problem with judging players as you slip down the leagues is......they have less and less attributes.

since we have played in the Prem, we have expected players to be more complete....some of these now are good at somethings and poor at others, hence so difficult to know who to pick.....they are more limited.......you can swap them over and gain one thing and lose another.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Houllier said Cheyrou was the new Zidane and Diao the new Vieira tbf :)

Even when he first broke through under Mcleish he looked out of his depth. I understood when Lambert gave him the one year deal to prove himself following the injuries but this years deal was horrific and sums up the past 5 years. I only hope the wages are cheap and he can be shifted 

I have no idea what the thinking was behind that.....OMG;)

Sort of think the likes of Bacuna and him getting a lot of game time past while is to put them in the shop window in a view to shipping them out at any cost.

Still, forget ability, I think Gardner is a lazy big sh1t with a backside on him the size of bus.  Laziness is down to attitude and not ability.  He also thinks he is a lot better than he actually is.

Edited by HeyAnty

Joining a long list of very promising Villa youth players who failed to push on after getting the big contract and promotion to the first team. There just doesn't seem to be any desire to improve past 'good enough for the subs bench' from our academy graduates.

Something needs to change.

• Like 1

Â