Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

29 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Some of the mistakes from the Lerner years have clearly not been learnt. 

29 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Some of the mistakes from the Lerner years have clearly not been learnt. 

or corrected, it does take time......unfortunately we have had more time to see it.

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

His stats from that first half are disgusting. Although Westwood manages to do worse.

I actually think Westwood is ever so slightly better than Gardner. I didn't go today but his "performance" against Burton actually made me angry. 

If we could only get rid of one of them, it would be Gardner for me. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I actually think Westwood is ever so slightly better than Gardner. I didn't go today but his "performance" against Burton actually made me angry. 

If we could only get rid of one of them, it would be Gardner for me. 

I want them both gone. But if I had to keep one, it would be Gardner, purely because there's a 0.000001% chance he might get better. Westwood is done. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I want them both gone. But if I had to keep one, it would be Gardner, purely because there's a 0.000001% chance he might get better. Westwood is done. 

Go on then, for the sake of 0.0000001% I'll let you keep Gardner ;)

Cannot believe the powers that be at the Villa have given Gardner a new contract of any sort.

Villa's goal is to be back in the Premier League so it doesn't make sense to give a player a new contract who clearly can't cut it consistently in the Championship.

Utter madness.

It made sense to give him a new contract, as long as the only aim was to get a fee for him. 

It didn't make sense to give him a four-year contract, and I'm sure Bruce is thinking this exact same thought this evening.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

Gardner hasn't been the same player since his bad injuries - whether it plays on his mind I don't know but he doesn't put himself about and shirks challenges in my view - don't think he will make it here .

7 hours ago, Eastie said:

Gardner hasn't been the same player since his bad injuries - whether it plays on his mind I don't know but he doesn't put himself about and shirks challenges in my view - don't think he will make it here .

sad as it is.....its football.

Bill Shankly put his arm around Ron Yeats to tell him the time was up.....Ron had given blood sweat and tears to the Liverpool cause and hundreds of games.

Bill Said at the time its the hardest things he has ever had to do and the sadest.

Football is damn ruthless and its them that deal with it....Win.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Bill Shankly put his arm around Ron Yeats to tell him the time was up.....Ron had given blood sweat and tears to the Liverpool cause and hundreds of games.

Bill Said at the time its the hardest things he has ever had to do and the sadest.

Football is damn ruthless and its them that deal with that....Win.

You always talk sense

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TRO said:

You're aware he's 24 not 34?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You're aware he's 24 not 34?

I'd take a Ron Yates at 24, 34 or even 44 right now.

Play him in MF and he'd be more effective than Westwood & Gardner

20 hours ago, TRO said:

I nearly had a tear in my eye reading that, and I don't even know who the **** Ron Yeats is/was. 

• Like 1

Â