Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Just to chime in on this, I work just round the corner from forest, and always chat football with a lot of forest fans.

Last season they were raving about him, this season not so much, still decent but not pulling up any trees.

I'd be hesitant to write him off though as similar(though no-where near as badly) to at villa things aren't going well, the owner seems to mean well but is clueless at running a football club.

Freedman just got sacked(one of a long list recently) and I'm told they are relying too much on a handful of players atm, as the bulk of the squad isn't good enough.

7 hours ago, VillaCas said:

What an odd response? He seems a decent enough bloke and I hope that he has a good career free from further injury but I'm not sure what good it does pretending that he is going to be the next big thing

I'm not saying he's going to be the next big thing - I'm saying that it aren't going to play him in the Championship, then why are we holding on to him? If he can't get in our team in the Championship, he will never get in our Premier League team (assuming we get promoted), we might as well let him go and build a career somewhere else. Why mess him around with loans moves every year? Unless we are preparing for life in League 1 and we think he's going to play regularly for us then.

I was in England recently and saw Forest v Preston (1-0)

lichaj, gardner, Robinson, and Johnson were all playing. They all played ok. But are not better than Championship players at the moment.

I thought both teams were actually very poor, we would beat them. 

I fully expect Villa to be top 4 next year, if we keep most of the players.

Forest fans on twitter started giving it the big un' lately re: Gardner. They seem to forget he has another 2 years to run at Villa and we call the shots and doubt they have a pot to piss in to afford Gardner anyway!!

@connor1874_ @22Gards u can't have him sorry,his days are over at villa park,he'll go were he's wanted #nffc

• 3 weeks later...

He is playing right back for Forest right now and apparently having a torrid time. Not sure why he was put there...Forest seem to be in a disarray at the moment. Their form has been really bad for 2016. 

Some players do need a chance and others have been given too much time.

this where you rely on the coaches to make informed decisions.

All clubs make mistakes.....we have just made far too many and paying the price of ill judgment.

Edited by TRO

Hope he's in the squad fighting for one of the 3 midfield spots next season.

Don't expect him to hold down a certain starting spot, but a good rotation option. Much rather him than Westwood or Sanchez on the bench (or playing)

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He is playing right back for Forest right now and apparently having a torrid time. Not sure why he was put there...Forest seem to be in a disarray at the moment. Their form has been really bad for 2016. 

Lichaj got sent off against someone recently.  Would assume Gardner is just filling in during the suspension period.

20 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I watched the forest game tonight and Gardner looked like a middle of the road championship player. He'll fit right into our team next season when we are in the bottom half of the league.

That's the spirit! :)

• Like 1

I watched the forest game tonight and Gardner looked like a middle of the road championship player. He'll fit right into our team next season when we are in the bottom half of the league.

And yet if we sell him and the team he goes to ends up above us in the Championship then the masses will be questioning why we sold him when he could 'Do better than the current players we have!'

I think we need to give him a chance with us in the Championship, whether that's a starting place or a rotation player to help with the amount of games we'll be playing. Earlier this season he seemed to be doing well for Forest, chipping in with goals too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

And yet if we sell him and the team he goes to ends up above us in the Championship then the masses will be questioning why we sold him when he could 'Do better than the current players we have!'

I think we need to give him a chance with us in the Championship, whether that's a starting place or a rotation player to help with the amount of games we'll be playing. Earlier this season he seemed to be doing well for Forest, chipping in with goals too.

Forest are a middle-to-bottom-of-the-road championship team. Maybe he's at his level with them, and he's not good enough if we want to go for promotion. 

Â