Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

55 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

did he survive?

HE SURVIVED!!!!

The only casualty was Micah Richards who limped off on like 17 minutes, but no major loss there.

• 3 weeks later...

Gary Gardner was my motm today against Cambridge. Thought he was class, hasn't lost his passing range and playing 2 years in the championship has hardened him up a bit, looks like he has a bit of bite and steel to our midfield. Wouldn't be overly surprised if he started with Tish at the start of the season. Think he's our most naturally gifted CM we have at our disposal 

• Like 1

I think i've said this every year for the last 5 years but i really hope he gets is chance.

There is obvious quality in his game and his eye for goal is excellent. We haven't had a player i felt confident about shooting from outside the box since Hitz!

To top it off, he's a villa guy through and through (like his brother :trollface:) , has come through horrible injuries and still wants to play for the Claret and Blue

Fingers crossed he stays fit and shines. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Which ones?

They did a Player Watch on him in the Bham Mail which was far from complimentary here

Having not got as much pre-season action as he might have hoped so far, it was a big chance for Gary Gardner to impress.

The 24-year-old's evening started horribly.

A sloppy pass saw him give the ball away in his own half, but Cambridge could not capitalise.

From his tweets, I think it's safe to say that Gary disagreed :)

Edited by Designer1

Just now, Designer1 said:

They did a Player Watch on him in the Bham Mail which was far from complimentary here

From his tweets, I think it's safe to say that Gary disagreed :)

Yeah was just going to say, that's the only thing I've seen and he does seem annoyed about it. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah was just going to say, that's the only thing I've seen and he does seem annoyed about it. 

Absolutely disagree with this. Misplaced a few passes but on the whole was efficient in possession, controlled the game well and used the ball well when he had it. Defensively was good enough, put in a few good tackles. He looked classy yesterday and was a big reason why we dictated the pace of the game. 

• Like 1

I'd be extremely concerned with a midfield duo of him and tshibola. Just making the same mistakes all over again.

Need someone with a bit of knowhow. Once again ppl's optimism appears to be based on sheer 'what might be', rather than 'what will probably be'.

Go in to a season with our current midfield we will get torn to pieces.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

I'd be extremely concerned with a midfield duo of him and tshibola. Just making the same mistakes all over again.

Need someone with a bit of knowhow. Once again ppl's optimism appears to be based on sheer 'what might be', rather than 'what will probably be'.

Go in to a season with our current midfield we will get torn to pieces.

Gardner and Tish are proven quality in the Championship. Gardner has been a revelation at Forest the last 2 years and Tish was a massive reason why Reading started the season so well before his injury. I for one won't be too concerned if this is the starting midfield.

8 minutes ago, UGC said:

Gardner and Tish are proven quality in the Championship. Gardner has been a revelation at Forest the last 2 years and Tish was a massive reason why Reading started the season so well before his injury. I for one won't be too concerned if this is the starting midfield.

I don't think it's a dreadful midfield at this level but it is very inexperienced. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UGC said:

While I am hopefuly that Tshibola turns into a good player for us, I think it is too soon to call him proven at this level. He has only about 12 games under his belt in the Championship in his career to date. I understand where WoodyTom is coming from, sometimes you need a player with experience when times get tough to pull you through those times.

55 minutes ago, UGC said:

Gardner and Tish are proven quality in the Championship. 

No they aren't.

To call Gardner a revelation at forest is quite frankly laughable. He's gone and played well. A revelation..... definitely not.

14 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

No they aren't.

To call Gardner a revelation at forest is quite frankly laughable. He's gone and played well. A revelation..... definitely not.

None the less has impressed and they certainly want him back. Experience would be nice, these two have shown they are good enough for this level. Even so I'd imagine if we lose Westwood and/or Gana we'd bring someone in.

10 minutes ago, UGC said:

None the less has impressed and they certainly want him back. Experience would be nice, these two have shown they are good enough for this level. Even so I'd imagine if we lose Westwood and/or Gana we'd bring someone in.

Yeah they are good enough to play at this level. Good enough to get us back up..... highly debatable. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UGC said:

Getting a bit carried away there, Tshibola has only played 15 games at this level so it's far too small a sample imo. If he'd played 40 games for Reading then fair enough.

We certainly do need an experienced head in central midfield to help out the others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Getting a bit carried away there, Tshibola has only played 15 games at this level so it's far too small a sample imo. If he'd played 40 games for Reading then fair enough.

We certainly do need an experienced head in central midfield to help out the others.

But in those games reading fans thought he was tremendous. The short games is down to injury so it's not like his performances got him dropped. 

Tshibola and Gardner have proved they can perform in the championship, other midfield players we have haven't.

Both were also not part of our shambolic midfield last year. I'm looking forward to their opportunity. 

• Like 1

Â