Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Stupid writing him off. That's his first competitive start for us. He was awful first half but started to look better second. Did himself no favours though. 

He was terrible. Worst player on the pitch for me.

He's like a different player to how I remember him before. Woeful today and shouldn't get another chance anytime soon.

A liability and a red card waiting to happen. Wonder if Newcastle fancy giving us £5mill for him?

Just now, TrentVilla said:

First appearance for the club in 3 years so will reserve judgment until I've seen more but he was poor.

I agree to an extent BUT... he's been playing Championship football for two seasons. He knows these players and the tempo of the league but was still absolutely woeful. 

He'll get better simply because I'm not sure that could've been much worse. 

It's a long season and I'm sure he'll play his part. However it was a bit of a stinker of a reintroduction to the 1st team. He and Westwood look very unsuited to play together, crying out for a bit of presence and muscle which hopefully Tishbola can bring. If we're going to sell Gana, Sanchez and rumours now of Veretout then this is probably our most critical area of the pitch to improve. 

51 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Very underwhelming, i think his time is up now for Villa. Would have a good career somewhere else.

He has been extremely lucky imo to have remained on our books for so long. 

Â