Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Personally I'd get shot of Westwood in the summer for a couple of million and just use Gardner instead if he is doing well in that position in the championship.

I agree that he will be a good addition to the team at that level but why get rid of anyone?  If you are saying Gardner will shine in the championship why wont Westwood?

Personally i think the both of them will excell at that level

• Like 3

if gary cant excel in the championship for the club next season then it will be clear he just cant cut it in the premiership for us (if) when we get back up, even with game time under his belt, hes already had enough chances.

9 hours ago, Nigel said:

I agree that he will be a good addition to the team at that level but why get rid of anyone?  If you are saying Gardner will shine in the championship why wont Westwood?

Personally i think the both of them will excell at that level

Westwood won't be a match winner for us at that level though...he'll just do what he does now, just gets the ball and sideways pass to another player and he'll probably look a bit better at it as the midfielders won't be so quick to press him as you get at the top level.

I've said though I'd let Clark, Westwood, Gabby and Guzan all go. They've been good servants for us but those 4 to me sum up the losing culture of this club so I think on relegation we need a clean break from them . They'll also have the stigma of relegation aswell with them let's not forgot so any poor form next season and the crowd will be straight on their backs.

I guess Clark and Westwood having 4 years left on their deals will make them very hard to shift though!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yes it's the championship but who in our squad could have done that? 

Bacuna.. No..  Westwood! No, erm Veretout... Erm yep absolutely no one! 

We're soon to be a championship team so he will come very much in handy. We just need to make sure there's a positive, motivated vibe around next years team so he can flourish. Easier said than done I know.

• Like 2

Yes I was told early on he was better than his brother unfortunately injuries have set him back, but he's still only 23. Hopefully next season he will be given a chance and be one of our shining lights. Much rather see him in the side than any of the current midfielders.

Very pleased for him, awesome goal and hopefully he has finally put his injuries behind him and is willing to come back in the Summer and hopefully finally get a run of games for us next season.

With Baker also likely to return and apparently doing well in that division also, that enables us to get rid of a couple and effectively have two ready made replacements with experience in the Championship. So Gardner effectively could replace Veretout i presume? And Baker i guess Okore or Lescott should they depart.

Â