Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

So fit enough to start for Forest. But we have had to suffer through countless shit performances from Westwood, Gueye and Sanchez this season. 

My mates a forest fan and thought he played really well against QPR and is totally baffled as to why he didn't get a look in at all.

Brilliant 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

He is yet again doing very well for Nottingham. Nottingham have actually not lost a league match with him in the team and only have conceded a goal. No idea why we refuse to give him a chance even though he clearly has quality. 

I'll be pretty pissed off if Sanchez and westwood are picked next season before Gardner gets a chance. He's proven in 2 spells that he's very good at championship level. 

I'd love us to go and sign Daniel Johnson to compliment him as well. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'll be pretty pissed off if Sanchez and westwood are picked next season before Gardner gets a chance. He's proven in 2 spells that he's very good at championship level. 

I'd love us to go and sign Daniel Johnson to compliment him as well. 

All for that. Johnson seems like a more efficient Delph. 

The lad is Villa through and through and never once has spoke out about his continues exclusion from the team . I really thought he would get a chance this year , but  it wasn't  to be . L genuinely hope he can still prosper and become a success with us .

Gardner is pretty much THE player in that Forest team, which is why Freedman speaks so highly of him.  If he can stay injury free, he should be Villa captain, not an habitual loanee.

Edited by MMFy

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The lad is Villa through and through and never once has spoke out about his continues exclusion from the team . I really thought he would get a chance this year , but  it wasn't  to be . L genuinely hope he can still prosper and become a success with us .

To be fair mate, the guy has nothing to moan about. On the (admittedly few) occasion's I have seen him he looks pretty average, and club have supported him through a never ending list of injuries. 

I think he is more lucky to have us than we are to have him. 

57 minutes ago, MMFy said:

Gardner is pretty much THE player in that Forest team, which is why Freedman speaks so highly of him.  If he can stay injury free, he should be Villa captain, not an habitual loanee.

Villa captain? Come on mate, what exactly had he done to deserve that?

23 hours ago, av1 said:

Villa captain? Come on mate, what exactly had he done to deserve that?

What has Richards done?  He's walked in to the Villa team from years of obscurity and was made captain by a guy who is not even a manager.

The logic is in that if we are relegated, we already have a player who can control a team in the championship as he has done on more than one occasion.  Build a team around him and there's absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be captain.

Edited by MMFy

3 hours ago, MMFy said:

What has Richards done?  He's walked in to the Villa team from years of obscurity and was made captain by a guy who is not even a manager.

The logic is in that if we are relegated, we already have a player who can control a team in the championship as he has done on more than one occasion.  Build a team around him and there's absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be captain.

What he has done during a couple of loan spells is irrelevant, he hasn't been able to break into the Villa team yet and you want to give him the captaincy?

If Gary Gardner is captain of Aston Villa next season our worries about the clubs direction will have been realised.

Â