Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Gardner was loaned out for the season as he needed game time unfortunately once he got his fitness up and was performing we couldn't recall him but hopefully his performances aren't going unnoticed. His form does still seem up and down but that goes for Forest aswell. I just hope he stays fit in a Villa shirt as he seems to be so unlucky in our colours it's unreal. 

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

I like to hope he's been loaned to forrest as part of planning for us next season.

I doubt if theres any plan with Villa. The lad has been loaned out every season for the last how many years and they prob just were running his contract down, but maybe with good form this season for Forest he will get a chance next season

49 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

According to some Forrest fans Gardner's been far from outstanding for them this season. Some brilliant moments but also some abject performances. 

Bannan's been more consistent.

Without a doubt Bannan has been one of the standout players in the championship this season. 

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

mainly Gil wont have a chance because he is crap. Bannan is a lot more gritty and tough than I ever saw from Westwood or Veretout so could see why he is doing well

I think you're imagining things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

I would laugh at that but you're probably serious about that comment.

I would still have Bannan over Westwood, Sanchez, Gil, Cole, Sylla, Bacuna and any other number of CMs that outlasted or followed him...at least he had something about him.

Oh, and Kieron Richardson.

I am sure he only signed a one year deal at Sheffield Wednesday, it would be an absolute no brainer for me to bring this guy back on a free. Just don't give him a 5 year **** deal assholes!

Edited by rodders0223

Ignoring that they all play in various positions within midfield.  Taking them on their 'quality' as subjective as that benchmark is, I think the only players from your list that I'd rather have Bannan over are probably Yacouba Sylla & Kieron Richardson (fun fact : I'd prefer us to have none of the three).  The rest (including Gardner) are varying degrees of superior to him, and in the case of Sanchez and Gil, superior by a country mile IMHO.

Going back on topic, it'll be interesting to see what decision the club make on Gardner next season.  Is he tailor-made for a Chumpionship promotion push or do we need something better.  Who knows!

• Like 2

Just now, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

He's not good enough otherwise he'd be playing or have a clause to recall him.........perhaps it says a lot about our managements ability to judge players or we will be absolutely fine next year......sadly I don't think it's the latter.

well i seriously question management ability to judge players, actually a number of managers at this stage ;)

7 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

He's not good enough otherwise he'd be playing or have a clause to recall him.........perhaps it says a lot about our managements ability to judge players or we will be absolutely fine next year......sadly I don't think it's the latter.

You can't put a clause in to recall him outside the window.

Edited by rodders0223

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I would still have Bannan over Westwood, Sanchez, Gil, Cole, Sylla, Bacuna and any other number of CMs that outlasted or followed him...at least he had something about him.

Oh, and Kieron Richardson.

I am sure he only signed a one year deal at Sheffield Wednesday, it would be an absolute no brainer for me to bring this guy back on a free. Just don't give him a 5 year **** deal assholes!

He signed a new 3.5 year contract in January 2016 for Sheffield Wednesday.

Â